1911 Picture Thread

WE 1911 TACTICAL, RS copy grips (not easy to fit as the holes were a bit more apart than the WE ones and I needed low profile wide screws), polished trigger, hammer and front thingy, custom engraved (yeah, he had some problems with the "MODEL 1911..." part, but Im okay with it; Im not a realism-######).

19111jx2.jpg

19113zx7.jpg

19115hq8.th.jpg

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOAL1911.jpg

my goal 1911, just starting to order parts now. i think im going to go with a tm 1911 and get the guarder aluminum frame and slide in silver (is this a good kit), 2 tone kimber slide for a 5.1 and get the slide spacer.

still need to source this slide spacer though anyone seen them before?

will probobly also add an extended slide stop and silencer atachment someday too.

if anyone has the above parts for sale(including a tm 1911) drop me a pm because im on a budget here.

hey thanks krame i didnt even think of that, i had some sucess polishing one of my WE baby hicapas but i reely didnt like the way the shine wore off almost everyday and if im going to be doing some percision sanding i dont want to have to redo it all the time.

but whats wrong with the kit, im just taking the frame from it, do you think i will run into any problems with compatibility or is it just a matter of materials and finish?

Well, you can't really get just a slide unless you get the SD slides made for the hi-capa. They'll work but you need the Tanio Koba slide spacer. There are basically only full metal kits for the TM 1911. I don't know of any US retailer that sells many if any SD slides.

Edited by krame
very nice piece mobius!!

are those WA grips? or real warriors?

Thanks gents.

They're the OE WA Warrior grips. I was going to put a bevel cut on the bottoms as there's no magwell, but decided to leave them as is, allowing the flat bottomed grips to act as a "slam pad" during more rapid mag insertions. :)

anyone has a pic of a 1911 with polished controls(slide catch, thumb safety, grip safety, hammer, trigger) on a black frame? Maybe even silver slide? Krame's is close...but I wanna see what silver grip safety looks like....

Edited by RacingManiac

Yeah, I think I would prefer the PDI ones but it is too late now.

I have the hammers already installed with PDI sears too, I like the triggers the way they are unless there is a company that makes a stock looking trigger with nicer machined lines in the front., the feel of these is pretty good.

Plunger tube and not-a-grip-safety polished up quite nicely.

I don't like the metal of the safety and the slide stop so I will wait for decent stainless steel ones in stead of polishing them.

Mag catch wise I was thinking of real steel ones, I have to order a slide stop for my M4013 (just to see if it fits, the WA one is tonk) so I might as well put all the bits on the order for the grips I have on back order.

A steel rear sight and MSH are all I will need after that (externally), I am going to leave the MSH black though.

These are very sexy little guns and make my 4013 look huge, beside the MK23 they look ridiculous.

These are very sexy little guns and make my 4013 look huge, beside the MK23 they look ridiculous.

Mind posting up a pic?

Mobius,

How do you find the Caspian parts? Do they compare to the newer gen of Prime kits, like the Hardballer?

Edited by r.ocelot