1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAvoc, i think its time for you to start a new relationship:) the nicest one to fire is Para HRT Milspec. Blowback is extremely strong...very fun. The HI-CAPA is not that bad. the sound is the loudest during fire compare to the rest. I usually mix using taiwanese and japanese gas....so the power helped.

Housemaster, i accidentally blew the thread on the screw that secure the rear sight to the beech. To be honest, the gun is not cycling properlly right now. Many accumulated problems after changing it to metal slide. First of all the loading nozle broke, and then the little spring on top of it got entangled....and then my hammer broke (caused by an extended firing pin from Clarence Lai)

121.jpg

Here's what raw elbow grease can achieve.

Probably much more than healthy! :D

To be honest, I have no idea... I've pretty much determined that the SW1911-project is finished and moved on, though. As soon as DHL manages to find its way to my house I'll post some pics of the new project :)

M.

:D I do the same I don't like to keep track of how much I spend of my guns that way when my wife ask me how much did I spend on something, I can honestly say that I don't have any idea!!! and my wife is like a lie detector!!! :P

Why then, do you have a custom Mk1/Mk2 Ruger as your sig! :| grin

Oh yes, and when I finally get around to getting my camera and PC talking again I will post my : Colt Detonics, TM 5.1 (hicapa sounds SO Ghey!) and my Yonezawa Colt Government springer :P

Edited by Wege

Redhawk,

That Wilson Professional Silver is very, very handsome gun! How does it shoot? Been planning on buying same gun myself, but still I´m toggling between the stylish stainless finish and Wilson Supergrade 2004 Compact´s new innovative 19rd magazine...

Redhawk,

That Wilson Professional Silver is very, very handsome gun! How does it shoot? Been planning on buying same gun myself, but still I´m toggling between the stylish stainless finish and Wilson Supergrade 2004 Compact´s new innovative 19rd magazine...

It shoots great, sharp and quick blowback. I haven't had a chance to chrono it yet, but I'm sure the SCW system will not disappoint. The only down side about the silver Professional is that the paint will tend to wear off with abuse, especially around the slide catch. I explained this in my review of the Para-Ord HRT. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r..._hrt_review.htm

Edited by Redhawk

On the taclighted Kimber:

The only Surefire light it could be, with that configuration, is the Surefire Classic 610R, which incidentally is the one in use on actual LAPD S.W.A.T.-issued Kimbers.

However, the 610R doesn't feature the switch on the ejection-port-side, nor does it come standard with a grip screw-attachment, albeit the latter is easy to add on!

As for the pistol itself, it's not a Prime or later-issue PGC slide, as the Kimber-logo sits too far towards the read for that (see slide lock/disassembly notch and compare), and the front sight looks custom made for being a WA airsoft (I can't see it being much else, except perhaps an MGC model gun).

M.

Yeah that kimber looks real to me.....i mean its fine if its real you know....:)

I've always wanted to get the m1911 SCW....but they always came up with somthing else that grabs my attention. I'm dreaming of a full metal military m1911....and scratch it up real bad!!

Don't talk about my baby that way! ;)

Seriously though, if for some insane reason you want to sell that HRT Special for a discount to us good ol' Americans I'd be glad to take it off your hands.

Well I guess that wasn't serious.