1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS for grips ... I talked to these guys - Gun Grips and their were pretty good about the idea of doing a custom image in gold on some of their grips.

Something like this, but in gold -

541fa480.jpg

The only thing stopping me in getting 2 pairs is not having found the right image in a high enough res.

The Face / Off design is very Chinese; more lizard then dragon.

I've used gungrips.net for my first project in line with DumboRAT's philosophy on Castor Troys. They photoetched back then, and it came out very nicely. But I had ordered another pair of grips with them recently, but they had changed to laser engraving. Not as nice... I'll see if I can post the new one soon.

It was originally a WA 1911 CDP (Shibuya Custom Works version), back from when SCW meant really limited production item. It's currently got a metal slide as well as black pearlite grips from gungrips.net. And after the photos were taken, I installed gold bead sights.

There's nothing like not only have a wonderful Western Arms pistol, but also having that ability to get so many after market parts to customize it, that you know that you're probably the only one in the world with your pistol. Sure there are really cool USPs on the field and what-not, but there's nothing as personal as a classic 1911 firearm. (And that mine shoots FANTASTIC.)

AS for grips ... I talked to these guys - Gun Grips and their were pretty good about the idea of doing a custom image in gold on some of their grips.

Something like this, but in gold -

541fa480.jpg

The only thing stopping me in getting 2 pairs is not having found the right image in a high enough res.

The Face / Off design is very Chinese; more lizard then dragon.

cool stuff !

i've been looking at the gun grips site, and i'm determined to have a set made up for mine !

thing is, do these grips fit the Wilson Combat supergrade compact?

Edited by sturgis