1911 Picture Thread

well, duo tone slide finally came in !

there was the usual swearing involved in fitting the parts, but thanks to noob3er i got there in the end :D

some first impressions !

Wilson Combat tactical supergrade compact with Wilson duotone SDS slide and magwell removed

IM000420sm.JPG

IM000422sm.JPG

IM000426sm.JPG

IM000427sm.JPG

i'll need to touch up the front sight, as i had to slap the *beep* out it to get it to fit...

Edited by sturgis
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome sturgis!

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Why thank you :D

They grey is much darker then i would have thoughed to be, judging from the pics at WGC, it really blend in nice with the frame.

Now to get my grips done ! :)

Have to say that Mthubs and Hitmans collections are damn sweet !

Edited by sturgis
well, duo tone slide finally came in !

there was the usual swearing involved in fitting the parts, but thanks to noob3er i got there in the end :D

some first impressions !

Wilson Combat tactical supergrade compact with Wilson duotone SDS slide and magwell removed

http://users.pandora.be/sturgis/airsoft/my.../IM000426sm.JPG

i'll need to touch up the front sight, as i had to slap the *beep* out it to get it to fit...

That gun in the left looks pimpin'.

B)

my french is rusty, so what the *fruitcage* you talkin aabout?

I'm asking who's speaking, because I don't want to sell my 6" svi, so I'm a bit deaf. :P

What slide is that one the expert and is there a similar one for the 5"?

That's a prime metal silde. It has some chinese characters on the left of the slide.

A 5 inch version does exist.

nice piece man, i like it, how big is that slide in inches? as opposed to a compct size slide?

though, get some other grips for it, wilson combat grips + springfield armory slide = nono imho

Edited by sturgis
3,8 inches.

I know about springfield/wilson mix up.

Did you notice the wilson rear sight ? :P

Maybe I'll get a silver wilson profesionnal slide. :)

yes i did notice the rear sight hehe, but that *could* be passed of as a regular NOVAK :P

It's not that big of a deal offcourse, it's still smexy as hell :P i just get abit anal over trades at times ;)

3.8inch ey, i'm curious as to what u used for the recoil rod then? a regular compact one? co's i've been looking around for compact recoil rods, but i can only seem to find 5inched recoil rods

Edited by sturgis

You know how the m1911a1 does not have a recoil rod, and it uses this recoil spring plug type thingy? You could always get one of those, and screw off the rod part of your recoil rod.

The v10 recoil spring guide is unique, I've never seen one on other WA 1911.

Defender and V10 are nearly the same. But take care of the height of the trigger, and the diameter of the hole where the safety and the beavertail goes.

Because it's not the same between old 1911 and newer. The defender seems to have old controls.

I haven't seen many websites with the V10 in stock.. (not sites that are willing to help me avoid import fees anyway)

But I've seen quite a few with the defender in stock..

I take it there aren't any metal upgrade parts intended for the defender..

hbc.

edit - I have found one on AG, but the price difference is about $50..

Edited by hardboiledcop
That's a prime metal silde. It has some chinese characters on the left of the slide.

A 5 inch version does exist.

Sweet, I believe my wallet can take a little more lightening :)

Edit:

Found one at WGC, but it's out of stock :(

Are they still produced?

Edited by Moriquende

Well here is the Hitman Springfield Special MOD 1. Its about 80% done, waiting on some Cocobolo wood grips, Springfield marked metal chamber, managed to get a nice foam lined, wooden box for it go in. Then I need to paint some white dots on the sights, semi polish the side of the frame to match the slide, round of the front sight to match the contour on the slide profile and get some small scratches out of the slide. Then theres some internal tinkering to do. Anyone know the best way to go about getting the scratches out? I was going to use some brasso type stuff as I heard pople use that on the back of their ipods.

Anyway, pics

spring90dd5.jpg

spring902qv3.jpg