1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious note: I love this.

Yup I did too :P But yeah, like the guys said it is the DK and yes, it looked particularly badass with AL grips, silver threaded barrel and black 120mm silencer. If only I could have found one with a diameter of 45mm with hatching on both ends it would have actually come close the The Ultimate Pistol for me B)

As it is, its for sale now if anyone else fancies it ;)

....and after much deliberation and procrastination, I have decided which handgun I'm actually keeping out of the 65-odd I have/had to sell, and you guys will be pleased to know that, yes, predictably enough, its a 1911 :D

Edited by evilhippy

The Kimber I'm having back after being sold; twice :lol: I just love it too much!

Edit: I'm gonna be skirmishing with it so it'll need a holster that totally covers and protects it - it aint gonna get f**ked-up from anything other than actual in-combat use while being fired at the other bas****s :P Anyone know of a moulded retention holster (Fobus, Serpa, Kydex etc.) that actually covers the gun, completely if possible?

Edited by evilhippy

well the serpa i have does rule my world, but it doesnt cover the WHOLE gun, it covers everything except the grip safety, magwell housing, and the rest of the actual grip, but everything else is completly protected, dust guard, whole of te slide including the sights, trigger gueard, trigger, and thats on the kimber im getting to you tomorow too mate

Just got this gun on friday from a member of arnies. It's the nicest gbb i've owned and i love it. I'm extremly surprised by the kick and the power(both sides of a can are no problem, this is respectable for a gbb) Tm 1911 base with guarder metal kit & upgraded recoil springs. Probably has been posted in here somewhere before but owner has changed. Sorry for poor pictures this is from my old cannon elph my dad has the good camera.

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

Just got this gun on friday from a member of arnies.  It's the nicest gbb i've owned and i love it.  I'm extremly surprised by the kick and the power(both sides of a can are no problem, this is respectable for a gbb) Tm 1911 base with guarder metal kit & upgraded recoil springs.  Probably has been posted in here somewhere before but owner has changed.  Sorry for poor pictures this is from my old cannon elph my dad has the good camera. 

*snip*

Looks really nice. I'm looking for a nice wooden box to keep my gun in and I was considering that Springfield Armory one. How do the gun and the mag sit inside the grooves? Will the mag lay flat or is it uneven?

the gun lays flat but you can tell it's not made perfectly to fit this gun. the hammer & safety have a little extra room but it's no reason not to get the box. The mag is a little different, it fits fine mostly except for the very top of the mag where you load the bb's. It stick out a little because not quite enough of the box is cut out. Still not a good reason to get it. I can get pics later if you want.

here are some pics with my better camera. As you can see it's a pretty good fit. The gun fits in fine and hopefully you can see form the pic where the mag doesn't have a cut out. The first picture should show it the best. You said your looking at another "case" this isn't a case i made the mistake of starting to turn it and everything moved. I would recomend it though if your looking for a nice box.

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Ahh thanks. It looks okay. I didn't mean to say case...I kinda need a case to transport it with and a box to display/hold it in. The SA box would be the latter. I'll probably end up with a Pelican 1470, 1490, something along those lines, for transport.

+1 for ya.

Edited by res0290