1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful 1911s godonlyknows and Drspoon3. The S&W trigger looks unique.

I was going to get a TM with PGC kit, however, I had a TM previously and I couldn't find a PGC kit in stock.

So, I settled for this:

p1000493px8.jpg

p1000495sa1.jpg

My first WA. HW finish is fantastic and the weight is substantial (and I thought my Prime P226 was heavy). I almost feel bad I got a metal kit to replace the HW body soon. I want to test it before I do the transplant but I'm afraid to put propane (which is all I have) through the stock slide and frame. Should I even be concerned? Weather lately has been around 22C.

BTW, the Kimber premium trigger will probably be up for sale soon. I have an extra one because my original intent was to build a CDP but plans changed along the way. If anyone is interested, let me know. I'm looking for $32 shipped within the US.

my 4th WA 1911 varient came through today. Lovely little piece the CDP. Decided to go for the simple 2 tone look, swapping the stock brown plastic grips for stock ones for the WA MEU.

WACDP.jpg

Really need a new digital camera too. Scanning pistols really doesnt do them justice!

Yeah that MEU does look nice, I prefer the late one but as both are getting rarer I think I might settle for an early after seeing that.

Flipsnip does that have a metal kit or is it the stock finish?

really, ive never had that with any of my SD slides

edit: oh yeah, the j-armory has different dimensions to normal WA's, it doesnt fit in my serpa at all, its really tight, not sure why, it should be normal size, but i guess its a bit bulkier :(

Edited by phoenix360mute

Both the CDP and the MEU are both stock, just had a little grip swapping done. RS for the MEU and MEU stock grips for the CDP.

The MEU will soon also have a nice threaded barrell thanks to phoenix360mute. Which when i get my act together will also recieve a King Arms AAC suppressor.

wow, i just did an accuracy comparrison between the new j-armory fbi special and the TM 1911, both totally stock at the moment, and i cant believe how good the new fised hop up is in the J-armory

at 10 metres, the j armoy made just one great big hole in 33 shots (the other 3 were really randomly placed :P )

and the TM was more scattered, no where near as accurate, i was very surprised

next up is testing out the new inner barrel when my metal frame gets here

Just shot my WA on propane for the first time and WOW. Quite an experience.

Filling up the mag was a bit of a pain though because of the mag bumper. AI should make some longer nozzles.

Also, as I'm new to WA's, is the sliding thing below the valve supposed to be held down when filling the mag or will pulling it down once to let the valve pop out suffice? Can the sliding thing be locked down?