1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else seen the New Bob Chow Version 2.0?

I warn you, it's ugly as sin..

wa-gmgij(7.jpg

So, the natural evolution seems to be..

No more custom smooth slide, just a standard Colt MkIV..

Awful Bomar sights instead of the bomar-esque but pretty Bob Chow sight.

Silver chamber, hmm, that's alright..

Flat mainspring and long trigger off version 1.5 (version 1.0 is much nicer IMO)

Oh yeah.. and that awful looking compensator!

Edited by hardboiledcop

I could kinda feel sorry for some people, people that you wouldn't think needed any sympathy, any sympathy at all.

The first people to make a longslide for airsoft 1911s will have to bear the children of everyone subscribed to this thread, for starters :D

ok. here goes, TM M1911A1 Vs J-armory FBI special accuracy tests at 8 Metres, and a 5 metre power test (only small but it sais alot :D )

first up, TM M1911A1 at 8 metres, 7 shots, lots of aiming

DSC00019.jpg

next, J-armory, same test, 7 shots, lots of aiming

DSC00017.jpg

next up, hfc m190 just for fun :P same test :D

DSC00018.jpg

ROUND 2

TM M1911A1 full mag, rapid fire not soo much aiming done here (squares mean there part of the rapid fire test)

DSC00021.jpg

J-armory, same test, not soo much aimin, i think it was a 23rd mag tho, take that into consideration

DSC00020.jpg

hfc m190 on full auto, doesnt look like i shot as much, but not alot hit the target

DSC00022.jpg

ROUND 3

power test against a thin STEEL tin

TM 1911A1-5 shots, close range (<3 metres)

didnt take a pic as it didnt dent the can

J-armory, 5 shots, close range (<3 metres)

DSC00023.jpg

ROUND 4

cats appreciation test

both lost, he chose the one that didnt work :(

DSC00014.jpg

I need a replacement O ring because mine has become destended..

I also need one of the black bits of plastic which goes in the side and holds the nozzle in the blowback chamber.

Oh, and I also need the spring which goes over the top of the nozzle (nozzle return spring?)

I think that's about it.. :D

Check Dr.WA's guide over on the projects section (the one that's linked to on the left), and he lists the dimensions for the correct blowback o-ring. You can get one of them black bits of plastic with the SD loading nozzle set (except it's white). I think you can get an SD nozzle return spring as well.

You can get one of them black bits of plastic with the SD loading nozzle set (except it's white). I think you can get an SD nozzle return spring as well.

do you know where the sd nozzle set is available? I've had a look across the major retailers and I can't spot it mate.

hbc.

Could someone tell me if the J-Armory pieces are similar to their WA counterparts in the aspect of direct real steel 1911 grips fitting? Do I need to mod at all to get them on? After seeing the pictures of what some have done to their J-Armory pistols I am starting to really want one.

Thanks.

For those with SCW3's, have you experienced the thumb safety not operating properly after a metal kit install? When I pull the trigger with the grip safety depressed and thumb safety engaged, the hammer falls forward half way. When I reinstalled all the bits back into the stock frame, the thumb safety behaved normally, not allowing the hammer to fall.

The sear and disconnector appear to be designed slightly differently than SCW2 (at least that's what I gather comparing to Catman's SCW2 guide) but are more or less the same. I'm fairly certain I have the sear, disconnector, and hammer installed properly. I did have to file a bit off rear of the frame, where the grip safety rocks against due to the fact that the frame and grip safety's thumb safety hole didn't line up.

I'm trying to do that. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Is there something that needs to be filed, shimmed, etc?

Edit:

I think I figured out what the problem is. Prime's thumb safety pivot hole and sear pin hole are about 1/4mm further apart from each other compared to the stock frame. This results in the thumb safety's locking arm not fully locking the sear when the safety is engaged. Just that hair of space is enough to allow the sear to disengage the hammer when the trigger bar pushes against the sear. Hopefully a bit of scotch tape shimming on the locking arm should remedy this.

I <3 Prime.

Edited by davedawg123

Ok, here's a post that will surely get me :flamed: ....flamed

Can we PLEASE try to limit the pic contributions to images that are:

Lit well

In focus

or perhaps Not taken with a camera phone? or a camera you got for opening a new bank account...

I know we are all excited to see new pics and more so to post new pics- but honestly......yikes :huh:

It really isn't that difficult- hell if I can do it anybody can :rolleyes:

It really is a let down to check back to these threads in anticipation of a new Mathub, or evilhippy or hardboiledcop, or Slugpellets, or Davedawg (the list goes on) image and see a dark blob of fuzzyness occupying the thread.

So I'm begging ya'll :(

Please stop the madness!

Slainte!

-G

Edited by Guinness