1911 Picture Thread

ok, had some time to take decent pictures over the past week, using>>

SHOCK HORROR...

... an analouge camera, thats the type that uses actual film for you youngens out there :P

i'll post a pic when i get that damn CD back, and nice sturgis, your getting better at photography

shame about the guns :P

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay i'm a little upset. i just spent seventy five dollars to get 2 threaded barrels from x-fire, and they dont fit the chambers on my KJW's. :(. i wanna cry. anyone wanna buy 2 threaded barrels for a WA or J Armoury 1911 with barrel bushing? $35 shipped each, or both for $65 shipped. It really sucks.. unless someone knows how to make them fit. It screws on, but doesnt go all the way on... theres about 2mm left to go and it tightens up

hey guys, i thought this might be a good place to ask. i got the shooters two tone slide for a WA scw3 kimber swat custom. the fit was fine but for some reason the slide locks back after each shot. can anyone tell me whats wrong with it? thanx guys ^^

hey guys, i thought this might be a good place to ask.  i got the shooters two tone slide for a WA scw3 kimber swat custom.  the fit was fine but for some reason the slide locks back after each shot.  can anyone tell me whats wrong with it?  thanx guys ^^

Is the slide lock engaging or is the slide getting stuck on the chamber itself? When I swapped to SD slides I had a problem with the chamber getting stuck on the slide during blowback. I fixed it originally by unscrewing the outer barrel one thread or so which cured the problem. In the end I swapped to Sheriff bushings and the problem has never returned.

yikes even worse. i have a few springers around my room... i was hooking up with this girl once and my friends were around... i ended up getting shot in the *albatross* with a springer while i was making out. not fun.

AWWW....what happened to the good ol' PMC loadout?

it was a big event where i was on the coalition side and had to wear a greencoloured loadout ;)

and nice sturgis, your getting better at photography

nah, just had some nice weather last week, and i took my time taking pictures with my digitl camera instead of my cellphone :P

Edited by sturgis
Is the slide lock engaging or is the slide getting stuck on the chamber itself?  When I swapped to SD slides I had a problem with the chamber getting stuck on the slide during blowback.  I fixed it originally by unscrewing the outer barrel one thread or so which cured the problem.  In the end I swapped to Sheriff bushings and the problem has never returned.

acctually the slide catch is engaging. it the catch only comes up part way, just enough to barely stop the slide from cycling. i studied my other wa 1911s, and it seems the slide catch is supposed to come up a bit, but the force of the blowback usually overcomes it and prevents it from catching. maybe i need a new recoil spring? that or maybe i just need to break it in a little? thanx for your help dude ^^. if anyone else has any ideas feel free to share too.

Hello, does anybody know where I can get parts for the Marui M1911A1? Specificly, I need a beavertail grip safety, skeleton hammer, and magazine pads. And does anyone know how to copy a medallion and put it on a hogue rubber grip?

I want to make it look like a biohazard type gun, with the Kendo gun shop markings and such. I know that there were never custom kendo 1911s in the games but there are Berettas and USPs, so why not? Thanks ahead of time for any info.

This is probably better suited for the 2011 thread but seeing as how many 1911 owners also own a 2011 variant, I'll ask here. Do WA 6" SV's use special recoil springs, or will those intended for 5" SV/GM work?

I was thinking about getting a Creation desert warrior set from Airsoftglobal.com

There are 2 sets one was $255usd and the other is $450usd

$255 set

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3682

$450 set

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3577

does anyone have any reasoning why this is?

The only difference i see is one comes with sights and a few extras..

And the $255 set is 550grams while the $450 set is 500grams

If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated because im confused..

I remember seeing a thread about this..but now I cant find it.

thanks

phil

Edited by Philip Aram