1911 Picture Thread

try ebay :)

on an unrelated note, my new blued slide should be making it's way to hitman tommorow, where it will be accompanied by a 5inch silver recoilrod and plug, and then on to me :)

happy? me? yes sir! :D

Edited by sturgis
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any experience with the Guarder Slide and Frame set for the TM 1911? I like the price, but I'd cough up a bit more for a PGC if it is better.

Ah, Res! Stop changing your pistol. Everytime I see it I want one just like it. I've got to ask...where'd you get the grips?

Guarder kit's supposed to be a tad bit easier to install(?), but the PGC is a darker black and IMO a better finish. But if you want SA trades, Guarder am best. I'd say PGC...both AirsoftGlobal and Boomarms both have the PGC DX kit in stock.

Thanks for the compliment, I got the grips from Lyman Products. You might be able to get them cheaper on eBay, but this site has really fast shipping.

Edited by res0290
Does anyone have any experience with the Guarder Slide and Frame set for the TM 1911? I like the price, but I'd cough up a bit more for a PGC if it is better.

Ah, Res! Stop changing your pistol. Everytime I see it I want one just like it. I've got to ask...where'd you get the grips?

After shooting a guarder and my own PGC, I would say the PGC is much better quality and build. Plus the new DX kits come with more extras such as the metal outer barrel, rear sight, piston and recoil spring (which I am actually using). The only better part about the guarder is the S&W trades.

Edited by hkssr20det
Did any of you buy the silver colored Guarder kit? I have an urge to build a pair of nickel plated Springfields.

My buddy at the shop fitted one, and it seemed to have a few more problems than the gray kit. It is also matte silver in color, not the shinier silver like a WA. The problems with fitting might just have been that one kit, since the other three he has fit went on like usual with no extra problems, but they were gray.

Ok with everybody talking about metal kits and all, has anyone here or know someone that has the Creation 1911 kit for there TM 1911? I was thinking of picking this up for my next 1911 project, because the color seems spot on doesn't look too dark of a grey. To add its the most expensive out of all the metal kits for the TM 1911 rightnow.

come on now guys, I bet if you trawl back through the last 40 odd pages at least 30% of the posts are just people asking about the TM 1911.

Here's an idea, create a thread in the just handguns section and stop filling the picture thread with non-picture related comments.

Lack of Light owing to time of work getting home (ya know, leave with the sun, arrive after it goes) etc.

Should get some better shots of it on the weekend.

Mr TM M1911A1 (with WA sidekick SCW3 Mk4 Series 80 :) ) (not mine though)

post-11-1178023678_thumb.jpg

some under grip rubber finger grooves would look great on that V10, not that it isn't hawt already..

I was always a tad dissappointed that my frame didn't come with any checkering on the front..

----

Anyone here own a WA SCW2 FBI Trial and a set of pachmayr wraparound finger-groove grips willling to take a piccy for me?

ta.

if you want to get rid of that little overhang by the barrel on your micro compact, try removing the little black o-ring from between barrel and chamber (unless yours are one piece)

I did this on mine and as well as adding to the realism, the chamber/barrel dont unscrew themselves as often as you'd think..

Nice, is that series 70 the SCW3 one, with no backing to the slide catch notch?  Thats the only thing that puts me off them.

I'm officially an idiot :rolleyes: .

My Series 70 slide does have backing on the slide stop, but thats because its the SCW2 kit that I've been sent instead of the SCW3.

I finally went to install it today and actually got round to reading the label :blush:. Looks like Boomarms sent me the wrong one (I don't think they even list the SCW2 one for sale - although I could be wrong about that).

HBC - The Micro has a one piece barrel and chamber so theres nothing to remove. I was considering trying to cut the inner barrel down as it pokes out when cocked back, but I don't have the tools to do a good job of it at them moment.

Prior to ordering my SCW3 Kimber TMII kit, BA told me that SCW2 and SCW3 kits were interchangeable (the website listed it as SCW3). Upon receiving it, the label stated SCW2, and again BA told me both were interchangeable. I don't think they put too much emphasis on labeling SCW2 and SCW3 properly.

Well I had a crack at putting the internals from my Magna-tech in the frame and immediately had a problem. The trigger bar is too wide and doesn't slide down the rails.

My first thought was poor finishing on the frame, but I've just tried a SCW2 bar and it slides in just fine. I guess the Magna bars are wider due to thinner plastic on the Magna frame sides?

Anyway to keep the tread on topic heres a pic of a semi fitted Kimber Ultra CDP:

000_1401.jpg

Edited by Slug Pellets