1911 Picture Thread

I dunno something about the Kimber Raptor serrations turn me off :S I like their normal ones

I'll assume you don't like the SVI Tiki either. . I like "different". .call me a non-conformist.

in any case. .I have a feeling that since the Raptor's controls are all slim. .low profile grip and all. . the "serrations" are that way to reduce any hang-ups/snags while drawing the pistol. .remember, it's a micro carry pistol. . having typical Kimber serrations on the slide and aggressive front strap pattern WILL get hung up on your clothing.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more quick pictures. I was going to paint this the same color scheme as the Kimber Desert warriors, but now I'm hesitating to do so because it doesn't look bad with the faux wood grips.

sideanglexm6.jpg

sideangleoppqw1.jpg

slideopenyv1.jpg

Argh, I can't decide on what to do. Keep it black, or paint it.....or just get another damn one and paint it.

Hows the gas efficiency on the thing? And can you comment on the performance, maybe compared to that of a TM hicapa? TY

It's worth noting that it's not really a fair comparison between 1911's and 2011, much less a WE1911 to TM2011. It's too easy for TM's superior gas efficiency and 2011's superior gas capacity to out perform a 1911.

For example, thanks to the greater gas capacity in 2011, I've gotten a WE Dragon to fire in well below freezing weather with the use of heat packs. That's essentially impossible with the WE1911.

As for WE1911 gas efficiency, the loading nozzle-to-piston head is rather poor, largely because the loading nozzle itself is poorly made. Replacing it is definately a priority. Piston head itself can be shimmed to improve efficiency.

Mag-to-loading nozzle fit depends on the mag. I've got 4 WE1911 mags, 1 requires moderate shimming for tight fit, 2 required minor shimming for tight fit and 1 fits tightly by default. Yeah, that's WE for you.

Nice gun, WE 1911 Tac, with wooden grips I presume? (the grips seem a bit plastic-looking tough...) Hows the gas efficiency on the thing? And can you comment on the performance, maybe compared to that of a TM hicapa? TY

Thanks, the grips are plastic...as they were cannibalized from the KWC Tangofolio Witness 1911s and were repainted to simulate wood. As for comparison to the TM Hi-cappa, I can't give a comparison as I never fired one. I can say that this gun is much better than the old KJW M9 (plastic) GBB that I've been using for the past 2 years though.

Cleaner, I thought the Kimber serrations were beveled or rounded off not to catch on clothes ;) and I'm assuming you're talking about the Tiki-T with the 5 dot sighting system, which I think is cool and innovative. I just don't like the Kimber Raptor ones since I question the gripping quality of them since I've never held one.

AAC can arrived today (shame about the spelling) - Silver chamber has been ordered.

P.S. Anything I can do to acchieve smooth cycling with the silencer on?

Is your MUE not cycling well with that can on it?? or is this because of the installed metal kit?

I have a threaded barrel in the post myself and have been looking at .45 marked cans, wich arent that many, i was intrested in the AAC one because it is only 100g (allthough im a bit put off with it beeing 200mm long...)

anyone here ever used a KA or G&P SOCOM silencer?

I know some people here had the KA delta force silencer on theirs, any cyclingproblems with those?

more 1911s!!!

(not ALL project/unfinished guns listed)

from Left going Down:

1) Prime Springfield V10 kit

2) WA Springfield V10, SD slide blk

3) WA Springfield V10, SD slide two-tone

4) MGC Springfield V10 (Magna), SD slide, Sheriff frame, Sheriff breech

5) Springfield Tommy Franks (V10 based), Prime kit

6) WA Wilson Tactical Supergrade Compact, SD slide

7) WA Wilson Professional, Prime kit, Guarder breech

8) WA Wilson CQB (SCW), Prime slide

9) Kimber Ultra Raptor II (V10 based), Prime kit

10) Kimber LAPD SWAT II (Magna), PGC kit, Guarder breech

11) Kimber Classic Custom (Magna), PGC slide, Prime frame, Sheriff breech

12) SVI IED 6", stock

DAMN T !! :blink:

Oh, and you got LEDs raptor aswell!!

that is a very nice collection youve got there :D

Wich one are you going to put the new wooden grips on?

Edited by sturgis
anyone here ever used a KA or G&P SOCOM silencer?

I have GP SOCOM silencers on my 1911s.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/Lit...39medium2-1.jpg

They barely cycle at all, it's pathetic. I'd assume some stronger recoil springs and maybe metal chambers to balance them out a bit would help somewhat

I have GP SOCOM silencers on my 1911s.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/Lit...39medium2-1.jpg

They barely cycle at all, it's pathetic.  I'd assume some stronger recoil springs and maybe metal chambers to balance them out a bit would help somewhat

Hmm are they the G&P ones or KA ones?

they G&P ones weights about 250grams and the King Arms is only 150grams...

I had figured anything around the 250gram mark would be to heavy to achieve a smooth cycling. and seeing how the KA is only 150...

thats why i was looking at the AAC as its only a 100grams, but if Tomster is reporting cyclingproblems with it aswell, the only thing i can think of is that is it to long and therefor is to out of balance to cycle well

i think 200mm is to long anyway (6inch can for only a 5 inch slide....) so im looking at some KM LW cans that are around 150mm long, but id love to hear about the KA delta force silencers aswell, as they are really cheap and could look good with a little paint on them

Edited by sturgis

I had both the KA AAC (100g) and Pro Arms 6" (185g) silencers. The Pro Arms was too heavy to cycle on my Kimber, but the KA AAC cycled fine with a bit of silicon oil. I'd recommend a much shorter silencer though (100-120mm).

I have one of these on my para-ordnance, it cycles fine and the silencer is the same width as the body so I can holster it with the silencer on if I want and it doesn't get in the way of the sights. Changes the thwack to a pop as well, but not really much quieter, just harder to hear where its coming from.

thanks for the advice guys

suicidal snowman, i was going to go for a 35 diameter one, because i like the look of the fatter ones, however i had not thought of beeing able to holster it like that.

Another thing to take into consideration...

Edited by sturgis

Don't leave it holstered with the silencer on. I have mine in a fobus holster, it holds it perfectly, but when you have the silencer on it pokes out the bottom so if you kneel down by a tree or go prone stuff can push on the bottom of the silencer and push the pistol out of the holster since it pushes in the direction that you draw in.

And your comment leaves one less place for a picture on this page!

Stop being an *albatross*, there have been a ton of awesome pictures over the last few pages.

-Snip-

Old photo for posterity.

Concur with my friend Lithium Jack on this one- I'm sure you mean well Junior, but we have Mod's for the policing of the forums, thanks ;)

Please relax, Arnies has managed to run just fine for years, I'm sure we will all muddle through when you go back to just being a contributing member :D

Slainte!

-G

Edited by Guinness
Concur with my friend Lithium Jack on this one- I'm sure you mean well Junior, but we have Mod's for the policing of the forums, thanks  ;)

Please relax, Arnies has managed to run just fine for years, I'm sure we will all muddle through when you go back to just being a contributing member  :D

Slainte!

-G

Jack and I talked this one over. ;)

Sorry if I sounded harsh, was kind of ###### ATM. Go ahead, talk it up.