1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mathub I will give that a try :) .

It says "Micro Compact" on the other side, but I'll take a photo tomorrow to show it.

Cal 45

It takes standard compact mags and has the same sized grips as the V10/Officers. The dust cover is shorter than those other compacts, and slide/barrel are also shorter. I assume its the same dimensions as the Micro Raptor, and Ultra CDP II :) .

Thanks Mathub I will give that a try  :) .

It says "Micro Compact" on the other side, but I'll take a photo tomorrow to show it.

Cal 45

It takes standard compact mags and has the same sized grips as the V10/Officers. The dust cover is shorter than those other compacts, and slide/barrel are also shorter. I assume its the same dimensions as the Micro Raptor, and Ultra CDP II  :) .

cool cool. . I guess one of your pics angle makes the grip look shorter than a compact..I can tell the dust cover and slide is shorter, just like the Raptor.

Micro<Ultra<Pro/Commander<GM

I think.

yeah, pretty close, really depends on manufacturer terminology. .\

Springfield: Ultra Compact 3.5", Micro is under 3.5" . .mainly 3" barrel

Kimber: 4" is their Pro line, but still considered a compact, Micro is 3.5" or less.

For Colt, a 4" would be their Commander . .however a Colt Defender has a 3" barrel and is still considered a compact/Officer model. . .but others would call it a micro

STI/SVI calls their 4.3 a Compact Carry. . . when it's probably more like a Commander.

Edited by the cleaner

Like the cleaner said I think Micro's and Ultra's are the same size. The former being Springfield's, and the latter being Kimber's name for the 3" barrel models.

Here's a few size comparison pics:

000_1562.jpg

000_1558.jpg

000_1563.jpg

And a couple of random ones showing my Officer & the V10/Tommy Franks hybid:

000_1560.jpg

000_1566.jpg

(I know this isn't the place but it's where all us 1911 junkies congregate. . .)

hey fellas. . let me know if any of you have any interests in:

1) PGC Colt 1911A1 GM metal slide, parkerized finish 93-97% mint

2) PGC Colt 1911A1 GM metal frame, parkerized finish, same condition as above

I got these two parts in a trade, two separate times from two separate owners.

The slide has the Colt trademarks saying "Patented APR. 20, 1807. . ." and has the Colt emblem on it. .rear GM blade side, front sight machined into the slide.

like this pic:

0839022L.jpg

I can't stand the GMs (mainly because of that damn GI grip safety) . . I'd like to trade it for a "modern" 1911 that can use a beavertail. . .

I mean, I can easily grind the frame down and drill a larger hole to accept the beavertail. . .

Any takers? (of course, actual pics will be supplied)

EDIT:

Sorry I didn't make it clear. . this is for WAs . . my god, why would I have a TM 1911 for ;) (owned one. .sold it. . didn't impress me enough)

The slide will work on any SCW. . .the frame is SCW I.

Edited by the cleaner