1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny story about the Surefire is that I looked for one everywhere for months and I ended up seeing a guy who posted pics of a 1911 a few years ago and he had the 310r installed on him so I messaged him asking him to sell it to me. I ended up paying a big price for it, my friend saw it was jealous and started looking. He found one for half the price I paid mine, just dumb luck and he ended up never installing it and reselling it for the same price.

Nice, i am still posting on 1911 forums for the 310 or even the 610 :( sell it to me? haha

Edited by oddxbird

chris u'5,

Thanks mate :) I think wooden grips would make even a basic magnatech look and feel trice as good. Installing metals can get you to meddle with the insides too much.

If anyone wonders what BDU is in the background, it is the FDF M05. More pictures can be found in the digital camo topic.

1. The answer is no. Real Wood grips don't have inserts.

2. Can we keep the chatter down a little, 1 pic/11 posts isn't a good ratio (and now it's 12 because of this one!) There is not only a WA thread, but also a TM 1911 thread in the 'Just Handguns' section of this website.

The picture thread is not for lengthy discussions and repeated questions.

ta.

edit - dont apologise! Just make sure you ask questions in the right sections when they're likely to have come up before..

Edited by hardboiledcop

My TM Hi-capa 5.1 with a Oldschool 1911 metall slide i took from my WE 1911 it fitted right on, then ive scratched it up abit and polished the sides of it so its Chromed.

What do u 1911's fantics think? good or bad?

grimhc1co4.jpg

grimhc2do0.jpg

Edited by GRIM!

Hey guys lets say If I wanted to make my SD slide black (2 toned right now). Is there anyways to make it black without painting it, like just dying the metal black or something? I don't want to anodize or anything because you need like battery acid, electrolytes, and all this stuff. If anyone has experiance with dying metal and such please tell me.

edit: Or if anyone on the forums anodizes stuff for people

thanks

phil

Edited by Philip Aram

Brand new Western Arms Kimber Warrior, i've been kicking myself for not buying a WA sooner. I've added a Pearce grip enhancement, makes aiming from the draw easier than looking down the scope of a sniper on a bipod.

104_3015.jpg

104_3016.jpg

The Trades, which thankfully were left untouched by airsoftgi

104_3013.jpg

104_3014.jpg

EDIT

for those of you with sharp eyes, yes that silver screw does not come on the gun, I lost the original while installing the grip enhancement, luckily its takes the same size allen key as the other screws

Edited by FearBefore