1911 Picture Thread

Come to think of it, your hammer skeleton does look thinner. Was it from the hammer/sear set or the hammer/sear/firing pin/hammer strut set?

Do you know if the sides of the v12 slide is clear anodized? There are a few scratches I want to get rid of, but if I have to remove the anodization, I'll just let it sit.

Edited by r.ocelot
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crimson trace laser grips utilise quite powerful lasers, other than that, I'm sure they're fantastic. Just don't shine them in anybody's eyes ;)

--

Although, IMO, Springers need an old-school look (unless its a TRP or something), and so a pair of crossed-cannon grips would be the best choice in my eyes.

Or some nice, gold Kirins  ;)

Got a quote for the guilding yet? :)

-

edit - in other news, sadly I won't be able to put my Raptor grips on the CDP II..

.. because I just bought my Raptor II back :P

Edited by hardboiledcop
Has anyone tried to fit a pair on a WA? Awfully expensive to buy and realize they can't fit or even be fitted because of some odd reason.

thats what I was hoping to get some feedback on lol, I have a vision of dual v12s with crimson grips on

Edited by caleso
Do you know if the sides of the v12 slide is clear anodized? There are a few scratches I want to get rid of, but if I have to remove the anodization, I'll just let it sit.

No they are not. I have already refinished the grain effect on mine after I picked up a tiny burr on the slide stop notch.

Sadly i have a problem with my WA TLE/RL 2 that i can't fix but i figure this thread is the best place for help.

Halfway through the day yesterday it stopped firing correctly. It now fires, cycles and recocks but then nothing happens with i pull the trigger. Sometimes it needs to have the slide racked to fire again and sometimes it will do it after a few squeezes of the trigger almost like something isn't resetting. I'm not the most familiar with how WAs work back there so i'm stuck.

Any help would be appreciated

edit: upon further inspection with the grips off and removing the mag slowly after it doesn't fire i see that the part that moves down when the metal piece that sticks up out of the frame on the right side in front of the hammer is pushed down is getting stuck somehow and not resetting. I've already lubed the ###### out of it but its still doing it.

Edited by Rcas

Yup, the disconnector is not coming back up. It's the middle leaf that you need to mess around with.

Bend it in such a way that when the trigger it depressed and that part is down, the middle leaf spring is in contact with it. It's easier to work on if you remove the safeties and the grip safety.

Edited by r.ocelot
Sadly i have a problem with my WA TLE/RL 2 that i can't fix but i figure this thread is the best place for help.

Halfway through the day yesterday it stopped firing correctly.  It now fires, cycles and recocks but then nothing happens with i pull the trigger.  Sometimes it needs to have the slide racked to fire again and sometimes it will do it after a few squeezes of the trigger almost like something isn't resetting.  I'm not the most familiar with how WAs work back there so i'm stuck.

Any help would be appreciated

edit: upon further inspection with the grips off and removing the mag slowly after it doesn't fire i see that the part that moves down when the metal piece that sticks up out of the frame on the right side in front of the hammer is pushed down is getting stuck somehow and not resetting.  I've already lubed the ###### out of it but its still doing it.

Not quite sure what you are saying but I think you are referring to the disconnector. That piece is responsible for disconnecting the trigger if the slide isn't in battery. If it doesn't reset properly, it's probably due to a weak disconnector spring / sear spring prong which applies pressure to it. Try bending the prong.

WA frame operation is pretty simple. Check this out for SCW2 disassembly and this for operation of the RS sear system which WA emulates.

ya when i typed it i knew it was kinda hard to follow but couldn't think of any other way to word it since i didn't know the correct terms :(. But ya its the disconnect system and sometimes its getting stuck down. I"ll try bending it later