1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your not the only one who loves them, I wouldnt mind a set or two for my 1911's.

How much did they set you back? if you dont mind me asking.

I got them off of Cheaper than Dirt. They were 20 a set. Total with shipping was $52 and some change.

And a new picture after I painted them flat black:

qrFir4oIFZWk5sl2hle6MQZG00X3a56U0300.jpg

Edited by beasthunter33

PGC just released an SFA kit for the Marui and I fear I may have to get it. If I do, I'd like to put some SFA grips on it. But would the Marui screws fit through the SFA grips? What type of modifications can I expect? Do RS screws fit the PGC bushings?

Also, if someone would be so kind, what is the story behind the different recoil guide rod/plunger setups? I can't say I'm a fan of the short rod/plunger setup found in the M1911A1.

i am having some slight issues with my 1911, and i suppose this is the best place to ask.

its hard to discribe so bare with me.

ok i fill the mag with gas and load the bb's (as you do)

put the mag in the gun

pull the slide back to load the bb into the chamber.

while shooting ive noticed that the sometimes the slide does not move and there is a drop in power as it comes to the last few rounds and the slide does not lock once the mag is empty.

am i doing anything wrong? its happend a few times, other times it works just fine, i dont know what it is.

i do have a hi flow valve in the gun but usually 1 fill of gas and it empties the mag with plenty to spare, but i only have 1 mag at the mo, so could it be my mag that is causing this?

Edited by Fellowz

OK 'xDieter736x' yes any Marui Hi-capa hammer should fit, though only those for use with the 5.1 or 4.3 as the 1911 hammers need a special sleve to fit i believe, having stripped these pistol types in the past ive learned that most custom or standard parts will fit with little problem.

3-Hole triggers and any hammers are available from addresses below..

These parts are available from:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?c...0Pistol%20Parts

or

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?c...%20BALL%20Parts

This is my currant pistol im working on a WE 1911/1911CQB hi-bred 'Les Baer' :-

post-42289-1189346186_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrManiac