1911 Picture Thread

That is how they work. What I did for my Altamont Slim lines was to reverse them and slip them in backwards. It works well since there is a lip built into the PGC frames. I don't think this will work with the Prime frame since they are set up to have bushings screwed in.

RS will work better, but you might need to re-tap them.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my haste of disassembling my TM M1911A1, I removed a part for which I can't recall the orientation of installation. Could someone help identify the correct orientation of the axle (GM1-38) that goes through the sear (GM1-39), axle spring (GM1-37), and frame mech (GM1-34)?

Not drawn to scale, but a rough diagram:

gm138bl2.jpg

I'm not certain it even makes a significant difference since the axle will fit either way. However, judging by the slack in the sear once the axle is installed, my guess is that option 1 is correct. Could someone please confirm?

For a good reason too. They're just fantastic, as I'm sure other owners can testify. The one thing I hate is that the barrel doesn't move back when the slide is moving, unless you're pointing above the x-axis.

CAUTION: Don't stare for too long at the grips, you may experience dizziness.

were can i get these V12 kits?

Edited by Fellowz

Thanks. Yes, it is the Prime/BA kit. I was originally planning to finally try out a PGC kit, black SFA, but I liked the classic look of the Prime Series 70 kit. PGC also has a Series 80 kit, but I don't want no stinkin' firing pin safety (translation: the trades didn't look as nice). :P Also, BA's stock photo of PGC's silver kit is a bit washed out and I couldn't really tell the quality of the finish. I'll just hold off on PGC until TM's MEU comes out.

Fitting went shockingly well. I didn't have to do any filing on the kit. I did lightly file and sand the contact area between the bottom of the blowback mech and the top rails of the frame mech. The design is slightly better in that the plunger tube now hooks in instead of needing glue like with past WA kits. The rear sight is a separable piece like stock. It has a bit of slack once installed but I shimmed it with some electrical tape (cellophane tape should be easier since it doesn't need much). The front sight needed some loctite though. Also included is a spacer for the left side of the frame mech which I'm guessing serves the same purpose as the Tanio Koba spacer. My wraparound Colt grips fit well but they stretch so I can't confirm if the same can be said about wood grips. Overall, a very nice kit.

I chose the PDI guide rod over Carom because xfire gave me a quote first. I didn't really need the spring since I already have a Guarder set (which is stiffer). I think it detracts a bit from the classic look though.