1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After searching high and low for a set of Dragon grips that were worthy enough to pay homage to Castor Troy, (already have exact clones, but wanted something the same......but different ;) ), I finally found a set thanks to Mr Vu Kimson - http://www.handicraft-vn.com/shop/ , so as soon as they were in my possession, I popped these on my Prime Springfield Armory V12.

I must say that I am very impressed by both the quality and craftsmanship of these, not to mention how helpful Vu Kimson was during my order.

Never mind my babble, see for yourself................

gallery_16881_775_22908.jpg

gallery_16881_775_282853.jpg

gallery_16881_775_207255.jpg

gallery_16881_775_86103.jpg

gallery_16881_775_429893.jpg

After searching high and low for a set of Dragon grips that were worthy enough to pay homage to Castor Troy, (already have exact clones, but wanted something the same......but different ;) ), I finally found a set thanks to Mr Vu Kimson - http://www.handicraft-vn.com/shop/ , so as soon as they were in my possession, I popped these on my Prime Springfield Armory V12.

I must say that I am very impressed by both the quality and craftsmanship of these, not to mention how helpful Vu Kimson was during my order.

Never mind my babble, see for yourself................

Good to see that you're still active, Dr. WA :D

How's the performance? Do you plan on porting the straight barrel to match the slide?

Nice pics and grips Chris!

Thanks Guinness! (thank you for your help with the grips also)

I really need to get a new camera, those pictures were taken on a camera phone im afraid.

Big Al,

Whatever it costs at Midway UK they charge £8 for postage :(

I was about to buy 4 grip screws @ £6 and postage was £8, bugger that.

I sent them an email to see if they would reduce the postage for such a small item and they didnt get back to me...I guess that will be a no then :P

Good to see that you're still active, Dr. WA :D

How's the performance? Do you plan on porting the straight barrel to match the slide?

Got loads of pics to take and post of lots of goodies, it's just finding the time at the mo sadly.

As for the V12, I have the ported Cone barrel still sitting in the box unused, I opted for the traditional barrel and bushing set up as at this point I prefer that aesthetically, when cone barrels first came out, I couldn't get enough of them, but with time I found myself leaning towards the conventional set up. I know it's a waste of the V12 steel barrel, but......."meh", it makes mine different. I have seen enough real, ported guns sold with the option of a plain barrel to confirm the feasibility of my project. ;)

It's my lightweight slide 'winter gun' (well one of them) - it also has the CP aluminium blowback chamber, which helps keep cyclic speed up in the colder weather, but reduces kick slightly.

Got loads of pics to take and post of lots of goodies, it's just finding the time at the mo sadly.

As for the V12, I have the ported Cone barrel still sitting in the box unused, I opted for the traditional barrel and bushing set up as at this point I prefer that aesthetically, when cone barrels first came out, I couldn't get enough of them, but with time I found myself leaning towards the conventional set up. I know it's a waste of the V12 steel barrel, but......."meh", it makes mine different. I have seen enough real, ported guns sold with the option of a plain barrel to confirm the feasibility of my project. ;)

It's my lightweight slide 'winter gun' (well one of them) - it also has the CP aluminium blowback chamber, which helps keep cyclic speed up in the colder weather, but reduces kick slightly.

Ah, can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeves.

Does CP have 2 kind of blowback chambers? I always thought that their stuff are always made with steel.

Edited by r.ocelot
Ah, can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeves.

Does CP have 2 kind of blowback chambers? I always thought that their stuff are always made with steel.

Just a little while longer my friend :D

There are indeed 2 types of chambers; GnG carry both the ally and the steel one (which you know about), WGC carry just the ally one as far as I can tell.

Edited by Mobius Strip