1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew WA hammer spring housing is compatible with TM one?

It fits with a bit of modding. Guide rails needs to be filed down 1cm or so.

I ran my TM 1911 stock with pachmayr grips for a while. It's a nice look.

Did you have to do any modding to the RS thumb safety?

Yeah, couple minutes with a dremel. Little bit of material removal is needed.

Mine but not my creation.. the cleaner was selling a compact 1911 and i knew he had a spare Tommy Franks Slide so i sent him a message asking how much for the gun with the TF slide instead of the SD one he was selling. Gun arrived just after the holidays. First picture is one he took before shipping it off. The rest i took after i got it.

Prime Tommy Franks Slide

WA Springfield trademarked frame

Black Defender Ported barrel

Rosewood Grips

DSC04162.jpg

TFR.jpg

TFL.jpg

TFFL.jpg

TFFR.jpg

Someone else pointed this out in the tech forum(and I can confirm as I almost ordered it), TK has a set of 1911 control out on WGC, includes a beaver tail grip safety, a silver egg hole hammer, mainspring housing, and ambi-safety lever....$66 USD for the whole set...

Edited by RacingManiac

Yes, that's the new Springfield TRP Custom model by TK. He goes 1911 now after his brillant hicapa custom series. I'll build one, too, if I have the chance. ABS is fine for me if the markings are allright. I don't need metal kit as collector and blinker ;)

He has a hot version of the Les Bear as 4" single stacker, too. And a 4" version of the TRP … damn smart move to bring out the beavertail kit now … was time!

Yes, that's the new Springfield TRP Custom model by TK. He goes 1911 now after his brillant hicapa custom series. I'll build one, too, if I have the chance. ABS is fine for me if the markings are allright. I don't need metal kit as collector and blinker ;)

I asked around for that kit awhile ago, no one outside of Japan could source it for me. If you find a contact let me know.

I would prefer a TRS myself...