1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest challenge on my Delta project has been finding a barrel and recoil guide configuration that I liked. I tried a Hi-Capa 5.1 bull barrel and while it looked good I didn't like the plastic. The TM guide rod worked great though so I decided that rather than buying a full length guide rod set I would mod the stock TM recoil busing to take one. After drilling the bushing and then filing it till the recoil rod fit I had a working full length guide rod set provided that I used my spare Hi-Capa hop-up unit. The other thought that had crossed my mind was to remove some material from the recoil bushing (after seeing Captain Plastics modded ones) but I decided that I like a healthy amount of kick for now.

I am very happy with the effect though. I am also gad that I didn't have to bother with the wait and cost of getting something from Hong Kong. Now I have to decide whether I should polish any other bits on the front of the barrel. I like the way the black and silver combination works with the rest of the gun.

The other changes since I last took pictures include swapping out the 9Ball controls for a stock slide catch and a modified TM Hi-Capa 4.3 thumb safety. I am much happier with this look and it all works great.

Onto the pictures....

recoildelta1ek9.jpg

recoildelta2qj7.jpg

recoildelta3uv4.jpg

recoildelta4cf8.jpg

recoildelta5tn5.jpg

Thanks.

The reason I haven't smoothed it is because I wasn't sure if I wanted it silver or not. Maybe I should polish the bushing and recoil bushing but leave the barrel black ( I like the black).

As for the 9Ball controls, the thumb safety moved to easily and the slide catch didn't catch reliably so I'm not going back to them.

Edited by Romulus
I asked around for that kit awhile ago, no one outside of Japan could source it for me. If you find a contact let me know.

I would prefer a TRS myself...

TRS? Never herad of that? A Springfield model or something else?

@ Souske: The Type89 is a AEG and therefore electric gun. Metal body has way more influence on Gas powered guns, as you can raise the power remarkably by using powerful gas, ABS parts would break. With AEGs metal body is not that essential to power issues, maybe that's why japanese brands go for metal with AEGs but not with GBBs. As far as I know of course ;)

Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special 1911

Ah, you mean:

lesbear_dovetail4.jpg

only as single stack version … I only have seen the TK slide as 4.3 version …

------

@ RacingManiac: You mean spring guiding rod like this?

1911_1.jpg

1911_2.jpg

There are special guiding rods for Marui 1911 that take the fixing pin of the hopup unit. There maybe are ways to take the hicapa one, but you have to change inner barrel and so on, and maybe the bushing guide wouldn't fit the bushing of the 1911 slide. The bushing guide I use is a special one that came with the stainless bushing.

Edited by SamJacksonFan

thanks for the answers guys, I think hkssr20det's suggestion might work well....

How is that Pachmayr grip work for your SamJacksonFan, does it need any modification to fit? I am thinking for my KJW1911 when it gets here I want to go with a 2 tone style with the side of the slide being polished silver, the front also silver with black bushing(perhaps a full length guiderod as I have one lying around), a silver polished barrel and chamber with the top of the slide black(for look as well as not having glare), and maybe run silver controls and trigger but I am thinking either to use that Pachmayr grip(Signiture series is it?) or a Rosewood non-wraparound type....

Right, original Pachmayrs. Normally they have the golden Lion (I hope it is one, but I'm pritty shure) and I had a hard time finding this version without one (I even do not know anymore why I searched for this specific version ;) ).

With the Marui there's no problem, drop and fit any real steel grips (I had wood grips and original Kimbers on that droped in perfectly). I think I'll get me some Pachmayrs with medallion, too, when I have a chance. They give it a nice extra note …

Nice thing about Pachmayrs, you don't loose weight by replacing stock grips with metal inlay, because my Pachmayrs also have an metal inlay placed within the rubber.

dude that is wicked sick!

Well, this Marui 1911A1 is supposed to convert into a modern Springfield 1911. But thats only the plan yet. That's why the full length recoil guide and stainless bushing are installed. Just first step ;)

Edited by SamJacksonFan

Nice guns guys, especialy yours sam, loving the grips! *Que advertisment* :P Just incase anybody has one I am selling KWC colt national match magazines in my clearout. I saw a few people on here with them.

P.S I can find hardly and sites which sell TM 1911 grips could someone send me somewhere... thanks.

Just a asking for a clarification, so on TM 1911, in order to use a full length Hi-Capa guide rod, you need to use the Hi-capa hop-up as well? Does it still fit inside the 1911 slide/outer barrel combo?

The 1911 Hop UP has a post on the bottom to mount the stock guide on. The Hi Capas all use full length guide rods, so they do without one, so their guide rods don't have room for the post. You could just cut the post off.

hkssr20det is right, all you have to do is cut off the small guide bit on the front. I intend to do this to mine after I am sure that I want to keep the Hi-Capa guide rod.

It's actually quite simple to fit one and I find it a lot more satisfying to actually make a custom piece than just shelling out more cash. Anyone can spend money for things.

http://www.shaga.de/softair/1911_1.jpg

http://www.shaga.de/softair/1911_2.jpg

There are special guiding rods for Marui 1911 that take the fixing pin of the hopup unit. There maybe are ways to take the hicapa one, but you have to change inner barrel and so on, and maybe the bushing guide wouldn't fit the bushing of the 1911 slide. The bushing guide I use is a special one that came with the stainless bushing.

:o That is a beautiful 1911. Makes me think about getting one more and more. :(

It's actually quite simple to fit one and I find it a lot more satisfying to actually make a custom piece than just shelling out more cash. Anyone can spend money for things.

Yeah, I'll blow the money for the useless things in life. But at least my recoil spring guiding rod sits straight and firm on the pin, moving nowhere … I'm a custom shopper, baby :P

But I guess, the cutting off one will work … but it will make the return to covered recoil spring action impossible … you kill a classic model, pal :flamed:;) *just kidding*

my new marui 1911s:

m1911p.jpg

Stock plastic TM 1911 (prob for sale)

m1911.jpg

-Guarder upgraded TM M1911

i must say these are my 5th 1911s. The guarder kit feels a bit rougher compared to my v2 KJW 1911 (special edition w/ trademarks) and doesnt have this nice crackly feeling when inserting the mag. Its an awesome gun though and fantastic quality. Had to sell all my other 1911s to justify this purchase > : )