1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really?  :unsure:  if that's true....ooh tempting...

Yeah it's true.

With all the various 1911 I have from magna, scw to magnatech, it's identical.

There was no change in the blowback unit since SCW1.

In addition to that, you can put an old magna blowback unit in a scw slide, and vice versa, but it requires some work.

see, part of why my armalite thing kinda got so outta hand :unsure: was greatly due to the fact that once you own 3 or 4 of them, the mixing of parts in between are quite endless :D

I can see these WA becoming very addictive :P

had a bit a play and came up with this after seeing mathubs piece...

Hybrid1.JPG

Hybrid2.JPG

Hybrid3.JPG

Hybrid4.JPG

Hybrid5.JPG

i like the full size frame/compact slide alot !

i might actually try and build something similar :D

damn this hobby !

Edited by sturgis
I'm using the stock barrel/chamber.

THe boomarms one piece is out of stock, and it a pain that the V10 chamber is different from others 1911 (the threading is inside the chamber).

yeah i know. for a while i thought about getting regular barrel and chamber and drilling it.

one thing about the onepeice from boom arms is that its lacking the little ridge/lip on the inside of the outer barrel which holds the spring mechinism which is held in by a retaining clip on the innerbarrel. i had to make a custom lip out of a plastic inorder to fit the spring mech.

it looks like the pistols out of Resident Evil 2..

Does anyone know what the finish is like on the magna-tech guns? I'm talking about the silver models.

Im trying to decide between a magna-tech series 70 silver $850HKD or the Para-Ordnance HRT special silver version @ $1440HKD.

any help would be appreciated.

nice one phoenix, btw love the BB in the middle :P

Damn I'm finding it %£$#ing hard to resist buying dual TLE / RL II's in black

GAH my GF has imposed a "whatever you spend, I can spend" rule, meaning instead of costing $386 for two they'll technically cost me $772 :huh::wide-eyed:

Edited by Catman