1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already tried to get another student account. They weren't having any of it. Your only allowed to have one. Perhaps i'm just not trying hard enough though. Anyway if I got another one, I would just max out another £1800 over draft, so perhaps thats a good thing.

indeed, a lovely piece. Nice setup too. I'd still prefer to slap some real steel kimber grips on her though..

edit - speaking of which, if I manage to get some raptor grips from the U.S. I'll be selling my black/amber real steel kimber grips..

in case any kimber officianado's want to spend any more money :P

Edited by hardboiledcop

A friendly member of these forums told me to poke around this topic to ask some questions before deciding on a gbb. The WA S.C.W. 2 Kimber ICQB caught my eye after viewing several of them in this topic. May I ask if any hard-core 1911 experts can answer these about that specific 1911?

1. What RS parts could I put on it if I wanted to (I already know triggers and grips)

2. PGC or Prime metal kit?

3. What all isn't metal besides the frame and slide?

4. Basic S.C.W. 2 features?

5. I wouldn't put the huge honking light on it that M.F.R. was issued with, so could it fit into regular holsters made for a 1911 and light then?

Thanks and +1 will come if you can help at all! :)

Edited by That_One_Person
A friendly member of these forums told me to poke around this topic to ask some questions before deciding on a gbb. The WA S.C.W. 2 Kimber ICQB caught my eye after viewing several of them in this topic. May I ask if any hard-core 1911 experts can answer these about that specific 1911?

1. What RS parts could I put on it if I wanted to (I already know triggers and grips)

2. PGC or Prime metal kit?

3. What all isn't metal besides the frame and slide?

4. Basic S.C.W. 2 features?

5. I wouldn't put the huge honking light on it that M.F.R. was issued with, so could it fit into regular holsters made for a 1911 and light then?

Thanks and +1 will come if you can help at all!  :)

1. Slide stop, front sight, grip safety, magwell, mag release, thumb safety requires some work...

2. PGC

3. loading nozzle, mag lip, chamber, and the grips

4. someone else will answer that...to lazy to link to Mobius' post.

5. ditto