1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must run a *fruitcage* ing boring ice cream parlour in that case "I got-a 85 a-shades o' Vanilla mah mate, which one a-ya wantta?" :lol:

Actually thats quite the coincidence because my Father's family IS Italian and DID used to run an ice cream factory down in Devon - we even have a national award for it, in fact. Ah, memories...

I'm failing to be able to draw a link between this and 1911s to be honest, but the beauty of the analogy just couldn't go unsaid :P

:D

So what is the verdict on these WE full metal 1911s then? Isn't the TM one only about £60 - £65 from (of course_) GnG anyway? So the question really is whether potentially unreliable WE metalness is worth the extra 20 quid over the uber-reliable TM? After a serious problem with the 2nd of my WE 2011s (the DRagon slided one) I would be inclined to give WE/HFC the finger on their colt series :P

312 dollars for the tm full metal 1911, which is aluminium as opposed to the pot-metal your likely to find on the we.. not to mention replacement parts won't be so easily available (though ive heard some parts are interchangeable between the two.

essentially it comes down to whether you want to save money in the short term, or the long term ;)

:lol: you think he has over 100 airsoft guns and never actually goes out and shoots the occasional person with them? Another believer of the chairsofter misconception then EH :P

Anyway, I thought this was a picture thread !

Like the infinity 1911 jimel , something different and decidely nifty :D

There is some sick kind of myth here; true, I haven't skirmished with almost all of them, but other people have and a fair bit too. I tend to stick to awkward stock TM AEGs like the UZI or SG1, and use cheap, reliable pistols like the M190s or a Tan-framed KWA USP. Meh.

One day I'll be out there with 4 1911s and an M14, when I'm good enough a player to win games and still not get them scratched or dirty :lol:

IM001117.jpg

Nothing fancy, just an old version of WA Wilson Combat CQB with no custom mods...but I love it just the way it is. I intend to keep it as close as the real steel model. I still can't believe the real steel version is around $2,000 :blink: .

Parts List:

- $15 cocobolo grips from cdnn. which I gutted the inside to fit the metal plates

- Shooters Design Metal Slide

- Shooters Design Stainless Steel Chamber

- Shooters Design Floating Valve

- King Arms 150% Recoil Spring & Hammer Spring

- KM hi-flo valves

- Shoots around 336fps

I'm waiting until I can't refrain myself any longer to get the $60 cocobolo grips with the birdies on it :P .

Edited by dxu76
Nice. Most stock pistols of all brands and types are plastic correct?

KWA here in the states (KSC pretty much with diffrent words) makes metal only, with no trade marks, good skirmishing pistol, but for a collector KWA is blasphemy.

I own a KWA USP Compact, and a KSC USP Compact, the KWA one is a beater. The KSC one with metal slide is pure sex ownage of Jack Bauer, which never sees the light of day ;)

Edited by Milla