CA AUG

Kosac

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought they use M16s?

Fortunately not :D

http://www.nat-military-museum.lu/pageshtm...urgarmy.html#9B

The only European countries using AR15s (Canadian made C7 and C8) are Denmark and the Netherlands. All others are smart enough to use European designs.

Australians use AUGs too though.

Oh my bad, I really missed to list kangaroo-Country and their F88 Ausstyer :D

There were a lot of problems when I had my steyr, and I had owned the TM steyr for 3 years, though internally the gun worked fine within the mechbox.

Accuracy was the main issue the steyr had. Out of the box it shot more accurately than the G3s and was on par with the M16A1s. Over time however problems occured.

The barrel mountings to the receiver gets loose with the upper receiver over time causing a bit of wobble. This causes the barrel to droop because as the front barrel bends down from gravity the loose barrel mounting acts as a pivot, and the weaker plastic rear section of the barrel isn't tough enough to support the weight. This causes an internal barrel warp and causes irregular BB trajectories.

The front metal barrel also deforms over timeand pushes the inner barrel in weird angles. Trying to fix these two problems were difficult and in the end Bored out the front barrel secton and mounted the inner barrel straight into the rear section of the barrel, had half the inner barrel floating within the external barrel. This was not good for automatic fire but had suberb accuracy on semi.

Else its the mechbox moving backwards because it has deformed the mounting plate at the back of the gun meaning it loses airseal with the barrel, but that can be fixed easy.

Mag catch/feeding problems is actually due to the two side protusions beside the magazine catch that hold the magazine in place gets worn over time. I used eproxy putty to reinforce them and have never had a problem.

The ABS receiver was too smooth and perfect, it also can't take any knocks and on most Steyrs I fix they split open at the top.

Real problem was that TM used monkey metal in the receiver and barrels, and the rear section of the barrel was plastic. It couldn't take much knocks. The plastic receiver was constructed of thin ABS and again could not take knocks.

Other than that the Marui steyrs are heavier than a loaded Steyr AUG/Austeyr F88s and shoots 10 times less distance. Sure as hell the real steyrs rust overnight in my bivvee bag but at least I know if I bang it around a tree its not gonna be shooting off.

I do hope CA is going to fix the problems the marui had. Last I heard the CA will have real steel material for the stock and am hoping that the barrels and receivers will be made of tougher material than monkey metal.

Nah the TM AUG isn't crappy. It has problems like most things out there. Otherwise I wouldn't have kept it for 3 years. My gun was modified to take a W shaped 9.6v SUB-C and ran on a shortened 190% spring with systema gears and a half-floated systema BS barrel. It is capable of shooting 5cm groups at 20m on semi auto.

Problem was that with the battery being so big plus the airsoft gun is naturally rear heavy, it didn't help its aiming characteristics. The real steel is much more barrel heavy and hence the balance is fairly equal after its loaded with the green tipped ammo.

Because of the barrel flimsy-ness, its rear heaviness leading to unnatural aiming characteristics, and worn/weakened receiver after 3 years of use, I went to a TM M4 modded with a 10' barrel to a CQBR as a primary because the CQBR has less chance of me wacking the barrel on the ground and then worrying that its shooting off. That and the CQBR was lighter and made me more mobile.

However the TM M4s have their own millions of problems as do other M4s, one which I will not go into on this thread.

I can confrim that the CA AUGs have a completely metal rear barrel section, or at least, the prototypes in the Shop do.

Sounds nice, is it a one-piece barrel design or the two piece design of Marui with the rear made of metal? It would be also interesting what kind of metal they use. I'm not to happy withthe CA metal used on the G36 series (though it's still better than Marui metal). Is the foregrip reinforced an stronger as the crappy Marui one?

@ 3vi1-D4n

Agree with you my friend :)

Sounds nice, is it a one-piece barrel design or the two piece design of Marui with the rear made of metal? It would be also interesting what kind of metal they use. I'm not to happy withthe CA metal used on the G36 series (though it's still better than Marui metal). Is the foregrip reinforced an stronger as the crappy Marui one?

@ 3vi1-D4n

Agree with you my friend :)

It should be a two peice like the mauri, but if im reading correctly it will have a metal sheath for the inner barrel, instead of that plastic one on the tm... this is good news.

the RS is a two peice barrel assembly as well

Apparently, its composed of the very same polymer as the RS aug iirc :)

This is what i heard as well... and another reason why im really excited about this gun

as soon as i can get ahold of it i will have it. I have been holding out on getting anything for awhile to save up to get that gun :)

I'm assuming the Scope will be ajustable like the TM one was. in that prototype picture the scope ajustment area seems blanked off. I suppose I can put that down to it being a prototype, the TM scope was made by Tasco I hope the CA will also be a good quality scope too. I personally thought the TM scope was rather good, good enough for airsoft anyway.

CA aslo has an agreement with STEYR, and as such might have authentic trades.

Actually ASG Denmark has the trademark agreement with Steyr ;).

Question for the AUG crowd, compatibility with the Phantom Steyr Shadow Kits out there (link).  I assume that it is a sheath that goes over the outer barrel assembly (but I have never seen one so can someone who has experience clarify this)

Should be compatible :)

Ireland, Morocco, Tunesia, Nigera, Cameroon, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Ecuador, Bolivia

(screamin weasel) don't Australians and South Africa use it ?

yeah, *puts on glasses to make me look clever* :geek:

the RAAF Airfield Defence Guard detachment (Aussie equivilent of RAF Regement) use AUG's, i got a pic in a mag of mine of an aussie (Sergeant Charle Kearnan) guarding the Australian section of Baghdad International Airport. he is holding a Steyr AUG with a nade launcher of some type mounted underneath... :rolleyes:

Actually ASG Denmark has the trademark agreement with Steyr ;).

Should be compatible :)

Of course, ASG Denmark being a part of CA.

Interestly, B&T also have a deal with CA, so the new 'improved' CAMP5s with the working ejector will have B&T trades.

Archived