CA AUG

Kosac

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/me hates the look of the AUG A3 :D. I can't imagine that this gun will be a huge success. It's bulky and heavy.

Also it seems as the realsteel gun wouldn't be as good as the existing A1 and A2 AUGs. Steyr will produce the A3 in Malaysia, not in Austria anymore (production of A1 and A2 AUGs will also be moved to Malaysia). What I've heard about the "Made in Malaysia" AUGs from some very experienced guys who had the A3 in their hands, isn't very promising. It seems as the quality is awful and there are a lot of problems with these guns.

Hm good observation NamantH :).

At the Marui AUG, it's made of (crappy) metal. I hope it will be made of steel on the CA AUG, but it seems as it would be the same plastic as the grip is :o

Well, the picture shows a prototype, so maybe it will be different on the production version. Or they painted it in OD, that's also possible,

And i like that the prototype there is the a2 version... god i hope they come with both at the same time.

That's no A2, it's a A1 special receiver.

On the A1 you have to change the complete receiver if you want to change from the optical sight to a rail or back The A2 has a receiver with interchangeable optics/rails. You can change the optic without changing the receiver on the A2. That's something different than pictured above ;)

Well but some other people care ;)

That's an A2 (with 16 Inch barrel, cant' find a good pic of the standard 20 Inch barreld version ATM). Note that the rail is also lower than on the A1 SR.

http://image2.sina.com.cn/jc/pc/2003-08-08...00308081640.jpe

Also the charging handle and the flashhider are different on the A2. The currently produced Australian F88 rifles are also based on the A2 (as seen various times in Iraq e.g.).

sorely tempted by the mil version- I know the sights are going to be largely pointless, but I just think, other than that, they are perhaps the most comfortable and pointy rifles I've ever used. and a release time around April? just in time for me birthday!

wife, take note :)

Uni, from that picture i couldnt tell the size of the rail.  I know that the a1 sr that mauri has now is larger than the a2...

Im getting anxious.

AUG A1 SR (Marui AEG with 20" barrel)

http://www.wargamefever.com/wargame/images/TM-AUGC-AEG.JPG

AUG A2 (real with 16" barrel)

http://www.steyr-aug.com/aug_a2.jpg

As you can see, the rail on the A2 is a lot lower than on the A1 SR.

The difference in size of the gun (barrel) has nothing to do whether its an A1 or A2, the A2 is also available with the same barrel lenght than the A1 and the Marui replica.

the other thing that I noticed (and like) is that its a standard RIS rail on top... not the one that is used on the SR.

thats one thing that really upset me, that the cuts in the rail are not uniform and caused issues with using certain RIS mounted things on the SR rail.

ah well :)

thanks... nice to know the differences now

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to revive a dying thread especially over such irrelevance but I'm trying to decide whether I want one or not and there's just one thing putting me off the whole gun despite it's easy substitutability; does it annoy anyone else that the flash hider on the AUG looks like the dining table leg of Queen Anne III?

Archived