USMC Scout impression

DieGuitarre

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing USMC det team 1. why do you think theres a MARSOC (marine socom) team. Anyway yeah let me see this when your done. My teamate and i are both working on a iraq marine sniper team.

MAR= Marine

SOC= Special Operations Capable.

The MSGs(Marine Security Guards, protect the embassies, some of the best CQB/CQC and hand to hand combat operators in the world) are being issued the MARSOC handgun(along with just about everyone else, haha), and the MARSOC is just what the name emplies. Just not what MARSOC stands for.

As for the impression, either the M21 setup or an M16A4w/M5 and range scopes would work well too. You are gonna want to try and stay with a semi-auto rifle(the M16A4 or M21/14) for the infantry scout, mainly because of the combat effectiveness each rifle keeps aside from sniper/scout things. I would also like to see this when its done.

• 3 weeks later...

If you go to www.usmc.mil and look in the photo archives you get some really nice ideas of what the current state of gear for the Marine Corps is. As a whole they are making the shift to the Coyote Brown gear and it is a great choice, one set of 782 / TA-50 for woodland/Jungle ops and Desert ops. It's a really nice neutral color that matches the current BDU choices for the Marine Corps in either a Digital pattern of the traditional woodland type II pattern and the Desert tri-color. I wear the latter of the 2 daily (well now that I am back stateside I am not wearingthe DCU) as a Naval Master at Arms. You really can't go wrong with Woodland Molle pouches as wells as Coyote and even an occasional MARPAT pouch. I know for a short time they were trying to issue MARPAT gear to Marines. As a matter of fact a friend of mine who was with the MSFCO in GTMO had some mag pouches in MARPAT on a Coyote Molle LBV. but As far as I know he has mainly Coyote and woodland gear now.

here is a pic- these are Fast Company Marines.

Fastmarine1.jpg

here is a pic- these are Fast Company Marines.

Fastmarine1.jpg

Might just be me, but that photo looks like it was touched up/altered a bit.

I know from experience that FAST teams have 1911s (I've seen them train MANY a time in Norfolk, Virginia, where a team is located), and that oddity aside some of the Berettas just don't look right, and there looks to be a little bit of fuzziness.

Of course, I am pumped up on Aleve, so ignore me if I'm wrong.

Might just be me, but that photo looks like it was touched up/altered a bit.

I know from experience that FAST teams have 1911s (I've seen them train MANY a time in Norfolk, Virginia, where a team is located), and that oddity aside some of the Berettas just don't look right, and there looks to be a little bit of fuzziness.

Of course, I am pumped up on Aleve, so ignore me if I'm wrong.

Don't think it's touched up. I got it off of the USMC Site.

You can make out the opposite shoulder of the person you can't see right behind the second closest shooter.

For God's sake people, the Marines aren't going to edit a picture out because they're using M1911s. You think someone's going to steal almost 100 year old technology? There's no reason to edit stuff like this out.

Ok time to step in and remind people the name of the topic, USMC Scout impression. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions about such a loadout or other general USMC infantry gear questions go right ahead. However fighting over pictures and other non-relevent conversation should be taken to PM's.

I should have some pics of my loadout in it's un-finished state next week.

Cheers,

-Doug

Well as a MEMBER of MCSFCO GTMO I can tell you that FAST platoons use both Coyote Brown FSBE, like the ones pictured above, and Desert Tri-Color Intercepters. They DO NOT use 1911s! We use Standard M9 Berettas. We also use M16A2 and SELECTIVELY (eg, PLT LDRs, PLT Sgts, and NCOs) get issued M4s. Yes we still use Woodland Intercepters and while we are transitioning to the FLC and all CB gear we use basicsally whatever we have...I still have an LBV. Hope that helps.

MCSFCO GTMO....saw alot of you doods while I was part of JTF 60. I feel for you guys, hot as hell in the summer with all that stuff on. Best gym on the whole damn installation was at Marine Hill.

Heh you know thats all we do, work, get wasted, and work out at the gym. HAHA

Archived