2006 BLACKHOLE SHOW

FarEast

BLACKHOLE SHOW

January 7th-8th, 2006

Unlike most people I wasn’t excited about what Christmas or New Years would bring but the fore coming Blackhole Show here in Tokyo would show case to help us usher in the new year, Alas I was a little disappointed with the turn out of trade stands that were there but there was the usual bargains to be had, like wooden stocks for the M14 going at ¥4,000 a piece! (£19.00GBP) I’m also sorry to say that Maruzen decided not to show up so any further news on the MP7 will have to wait until the huge event in Shizoka during May.

But never fear fellow Airsoft fans Tokyo Marui was there and they did bring along some of their much anticipated toys, YES the MP7 and we are not talking the clay model at the last show but their fully working preproduction model! Yet again FarEast and Arnies Airsoft bring you the cutting edge news first, It looks like the MP7 will be available the beginning of Summer 2006, yep you heard me right this summer guys, no waiting around 2 years for the model to hit the shelves!!!!

The gun itself is of a very, very high quality and it looks like with the success of the M14 Tokyo Marui are continuing to produce guns of a higher standard and realism with a slightly higher price tag. (No info of price range yet) As you can see the TM MP7 is sporting FULL range of logos and licensing so even the most ardent geardo while find it hard to find fault in this weapon.

mp7case9vw.jpg

mp7sideveiw0xu.jpg

foregripdetail7rj.jpg

gripdetail5wx.jpg

triggerdetail3hm.jpg

stockdetail9ca.jpg

Also on show TM had their new SIG PRO 2340.

sig11oo.jpg

sig28ie.jpg

sig32ss.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another nice surprise was that MAD BULL had come all the way to Japan from the US to show off their complete range of Moscats, launchers and their yet to be released high precision tight bore “Black Python” barrels and I must say they are very, very sexy.

simon5ax.jpg

Simon was good enough not to just give me one barrel to test but enough to kit out everyone at Team Setsuna (Again Thank you Simon for your kindness!) So I should have a review up within a week or so off the performance of them. As you can see from the photos of the barrels they stand head and shoulders above the current range on the market, these are also made from high quality aircraft T6 7075 aluminum thus boasting a 15% performance enhancement, which from the quality and finish your not really going to question.

pythonbarrel1wr.jpg

pythonbarrel20dw.jpg

Mad Bull products aren’t yet available in Japan so it was nice to see that his stand was crowded with eager buyers looking over the goods, and by lunch time he had only one AGX launcher left, and not surprising as the stock was reduced by around 50%. Also I found out Mad Bull is moving it to the real firearms trade with items only available to Law Enforcement agencies.

agxlauncher1jf.jpg

Another Item I found interesting is the EBR Stock for the TM M14 SOPMOD, produced by ’Trigger Happy’ this is made from one block of high grade aluminum and is amazing quality and excellent finish sporting all the functions of the real weapon, of course your looking at a huge price tag to match the quality but players looking for a 100% replica of the M14 SOPMOD will not be disappointed.

m14sopmod9eb.jpg

m14sopmod27bj.jpg

m14sopmod30yk.jpg

posterm14sopmod5ht.jpg

Well again i will be going to the huge trade show in Shizoka in May so I'll have some more news on the up comming releases either then or a little before!

FarEast out.

Glad to see you saw Simon (MadBul) out there. :)

Only minor point I guess that's worth pointing out is I've not yet seen a blade safety trigger system on an MP7, which is what it looks like replica displayed has.

I'll post the news up for you tomorrow (PST) as I've just got back to my machine here stateside.

Only minor point I guess that's worth pointing out is I've not yet seen a blade safety trigger system on an MP7, which is what it looks like replica displayed has.

I had the same thing in mind ... at first. But it seems that H&K has really add this Glock style trigger safety to it's MP7A1, while the MP7 doesn't offer this feature.

Have a look:

_MP7A1_03.jpg

So this time the credit for an accurate replica goes to Marui, for even replicating this hardly known feature of the MP7A1.

Otherwise it's a pitty that they have the real trademarks (without licence of course)... yes it's a pitty. No chance for me to get it in Germany with trademarks, they will be burned out and the whole appearance of the gun is ruined :(.

BTW: It seems as the battery will be installed above the barrel in the handguard, as Maruis MP7 it has obviously no replica-gaspiston in it.

good to see simon been wondering what he's been upta.

I havent had any problems with any of my madbull barrels, not one jam (every single gun that can take one that I own, has one right now)

shame to hear about the law enforcement thing, but that is the direction it seems they want to go anyways, sorry to say it but us airsofters kinda pale in comparison to a government contract, but if they get that kinda thing, hopefully they wont forget about us.

Love the sage stock, love machined metal, I want an unfinished one, fareast, steal it for me, i'll hook you up >.>

>> It looks like the MP7 will be available the beginning of Summer 2006, yep you heard me right this summer guys, no waiting around 2 years for the model to hit the shelves!!!!

But maybe too late for anyone in the UK to buy it... :(

Cheers.

the Sage EBR stock looks cool, always been a fan of it, but the Star SOPMOD was the closest i could get to that kind of mod.

if its a kit, how are they going to mod TM M14's to fit [motor placement, etc]?

i'm going to end up with a dozen M14 variants by end of 2006..

and i'm not usually fond of small pistols, but the SIG PRO 2340 looks very nice.

i notice its also Electric Blow Back, so is this along the same lines as the low powered EBB's [the M9, etc], or a new version of the AEP system?

i sincerely hope for the latter, but if its the former.. :-/

i'll have to wait for a GBB version then..

it's a crappy EBB (Ive seen it on one of the HK websites recently for sale) 9edit- http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...f6446a01c82719d )

Also, dont KSC make a gbb version? could you not just get that one oik? :P (edit- http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...f6446a01c82719d )

MP7, wow! I will definately get one of these if it is at all possible!

I love the look of that gun, what design! And I love AEP's too (performance'wise) so this should be the best thing since Badgers were invented.

:D

Archived