Can someone help.

I posted a thread entitled ' DPM kit'

It's disappeared over the past few hours.

Have I done something wrong for it to be removed, or has there been asome type of 'database error'. Can I post again or will it again be removed (if it was removed to start with).

I realise it was a whole page of 'sales', but it was posted with all information needed by any possible buyers.

All the kit belongs to me and I am not a trader.

I also posted info/provided a link for someone to have a look at a DPM smock as I couldn't provide a photo at the time due to a faulty digi camers. Was this wrong?

Am I being paranoid, if so apologies.....but I would still like to know where my missing thread is :D

Edited by dc1
Can someone help. 

I posted a thread entitled ' DPM kit' 

It's disappeared over the past few hours.

Have I done something wrong for it to be removed, or has there been a server error.  Can I post again or will it again be removed (if it was removed to start with).

I realise it was a whole page of 'sales', but it was posted with all information needed by any possible buyers.

All the kit belongs to me and I am not a trader.

I also posted info/provided a link for someone to have a look at a DPM smock as I couldn't provide a photo at the time due to a faulty digi camers.  Was this wrong?

Am I being paranoid, if so apologies.....but I would still like to know where my missing thread is :D

DC1 can i just ask something please?

Are you serving british military? RAF at some point im guessing Because a fair amount of the kit that you've sold on ASCUK forums is very...erm... squaddy like. BFA's, Cleaning kits a seemingly endless supply of respirator filters etc.

Not that it's a problem if it's kit that you've bought yourself, but if it has been issued, as this thread suggests

http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/i...topic=53309&hl=

then surely you should hand it back in rather than sell it?

If it has been bought then fine, prove me wrong, but with 2 pages of sales topics on ASCUk selling some obscure items which would only squaddies would really have, i'm a little concerned.

LJ

EDIT: annoyingly my link doesn't work. But i looked through all your topics on ASCUK and on the second page i came across one named "Issued kit." Which is now locked.

Good job Lance on spotting this.

We're not accussing you of anything, but if this is MOD kit, that means you're selling stolen property, which you can get done for, and the people you sold your kit to also recieved stolen property, which they can get done for. As you can see, the implications here are quite large. So if you'd please reply honestly, and somehow prove to me this isn't MOD property, it'd be much appreciated. I'm sure you can understand my concern.

As Above. We've had issues before where members suffered legal consequences over kit that had been 'misappropriated' and we would apprecaite additional proof that such a situation wouldn't arise again.

Paperworks a pain in the *albartroth*, you see. ;)

As Above. We've had issues before where members suffered legal consequences over kit that had been 'misappropriated' and we would apprecaite additional proof that such a situation wouldn't arise again.

Paperworks a pain in the *albartroth*, you see. ;)

Totally understand the predicament you would be in. None of this stuff has been misappropriated. I have just been discharged (honourably) from the RAF. I am a magpie and collected loads of stuff, and been given loads of stuff (stuff actually being thrown out into large containers for destruction, you wouldn't believe what gets thrown away).

I also have friends who are leaving/have left the forces and have passed things onto me to sell. You obtain any piece of kit via a loan card/personal kit book. Everything on that book should be returned at the end of your time in. Supply will either accept it, tell you to keep it or stick it in the container as they don't require it.

It used to be policy for OC supply or deputy to sign chits should you request to keep anything of MOD property which was being thrown out. This has not happened for a while.

Please take the S10 Respirator from the sale forum also. This was given to me by a friend, after RAF Regiment and supply told him he could could keep it if he was 'sad enough' (this is a quote).

Again I understand what the questions are about. I would never do anything to jeopardise the wellbeing of this forum, or ASCUK.

I will cease trading on this site imediately. This is far from an admittance of guilt.

Many Thanks

dc1: We do try to keep an eye on military surplus that's sold as GR mentioned.

A lot of BER kit (and other surplus "refuse") appears in sales occasionally around the UK, but the MOD's line if they take an interest is that you as the seller have the burden of proof to make to show that what you are selling is legally yours to trade. In simplistic terms I guess that as it's marked as theirs with all relevant markings you need to prove how you legally acquired it.

I wouldn't want to hazard a guess as to the legal status of trading gear that's been aquired from trash cans at supply areas.

..jsut an additional FYI - any issues, please PM/email me.