Biohazard Intervention

Monk

Yes, ladies and germs, Biohazard returns in April for a 3rd round. The outbreak has happened and neither the police nor the Trocar Corporation forces were able to contain it. Desperate measures are in order.

*Disclaimer: I am in no way a part of National Airsoft Magazine (NAM) nor the airsoft groups with which it associates. I'm just a fan who has been at the previous two.*

Please shout out if you're going and if so, what you're taking. Remember, it's gas pistols only.

My brother will be sporting a Marushin Raging Bull (8mm), Galco black double should holster with two KWA G19s with trademarked G&G slides, Guarder steel mag releases, Guarder recoil springs, 9-Ball gas valves, Underarmor T-shirt, black T-shirt, 5.11 cargo pants, radio and throat mic, black tactical gloves (still trying to find the best), black kevlar vest and Danner boots.

I'll be carrying a TM Sig Sauer 226 with non-railed Prime kit-equipped pistol in a Safariland 6004 tactical holster, black T-shirt, 5.11 cargo pants, military issue blue bullet-proof vest, Motorola radio with headset, shooters' gloves, and Danners.

We're still hoping to convince the NAM folks to allow shotguns, especially with the announcement of a wood and metal double barrel shotgun. My brother rightly believes that a large revolver speaks far louder than words and I plan to stand behind him.

What will we see you in?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tradition dictates that I show up clad in a Hawaiian shirt for this game.

My G19 still has broken valve springs, though it still manages to perform well whenever I'm not in a game. If I can get it to cooperate, I'll use it for Bio. Anyone know where to get new springs?

A silenced WA Beretta 1934 running propane and modified to fire single shot only may show up, as may a WA MagnaTech 1911 or a Marushin Chief's Special 8mm 3 inch for OH *beep* moments.

I'm not sure about the shotguns. My Marushin M500 Tac Cruiser is near and dear to my heart, but I think it would be overkill for the poor zombies. I felt bad double tapping them with the found-on-the-ground UTG MP5 last game.. and the 8mil shotgun of doom is a beast on propane. *shudder*

Likewise for my beloved M11. I'd feel awful shooting zombies with it.

I hope it's kept gas pistols only, just for pain's sake and to keep everyone on a level playing field.

My brother will be sporting a Marushin Raging Bull (8mm), Galco black double should holster with two KWA G19s with trademarked G&G slides, Guarder steel mag releases, Guarder recoil springs, 9-Ball gas valves, Underarmor T-shirt, black T-shirt, 5.11 cargo pants, radio and throat mic, black tactical gloves (still trying to find the best), black kevlar vest and Danner boots.

For gloves, I definitely recommend BHI SOLAG's !

Forgive my ignorance, but how will this thing play out?

Lots of non-airsofters as zombies?

Any photos from previous events?

This sounds like the kind of thing I would love ...

No..

the way its played kinda reminds me of Dawn of the Dead..Its Humans vs Zombies..Humans get any type of pistols, with up to one extra magazine..And Zombies get their hands :-P When a human gets "killed" by a zombie, he/she then becomes a zombie.

Tradition dictates that I show up clad in a Hawaiian shirt for this game.

My G19 still has broken valve springs, though it still manages to perform well whenever I'm not in a game. If I can get it to cooperate, I'll use it for Bio. Anyone know where to get new springs?

A silenced WA Beretta 1934 running propane and modified to fire single shot only may show up, as may a WA MagnaTech 1911 or a Marushin Chief's Special 8mm 3 inch for OH *beep* moments.

I'm not sure about the shotguns. My Marushin M500 Tac Cruiser is near and dear to my heart, but I think it would be overkill for the poor zombies. I felt bad double tapping them with the found-on-the-ground UTG MP5 last game.. and the 8mil shotgun of doom is a beast on propane.  *shudder*

Likewise for my beloved M11. I'd feel awful shooting zombies with it.

I hope it's kept gas pistols only, just for pain's sake and to keep everyone on a level playing field.

If your problem really is with the gas valves, I have abou 6 extra valves for KWA Glock mags. Let me know.

Forgive my ignorance, but how will this thing play out?

Lots of non-airsofters as zombies?

Any photos from previous events?

This sounds like the kind of thing I would love ...

The players are divided into those who play zombies and those who play zombie hunters. Midway through the day, they switch. I've found it's substantially far better to be a zombie first. You get to survey the field and really assess your opponents' strengths and weaknesses in advance.

For gloves, I definitely recommend BHI SOLAG's !

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check them out.

Damn, yet another reason for me to wish I lived in the states!

Come on, it's worth the trip. The prizes at the end are great. Last year they were giving out a CA M15A4, a G&G UMP(UMG), an HFC M190, a Beretta Biohazard 92F, a $200 gift certificate to WGC, and tons of other stuff. No one walked away empty handed due to the extreme generosity of the sponsors.

It's also worth noting that only those who pre-register are eligible for the raffle and the prizes. Oh, and registration is supposed to open today, to book a ticket now, csem-it.

If your problem really is with the gas valves, I have abou 6 extra valves for KWA Glock mags.  Let me know.

I must have quoted the wrong part... it's not the valve on the mag, it's the springs that move the 'blowback chamber/nozzle' backwards when you fire a shot. These got munched when my gun jammed to *beep* at Hac Bao II, and the valve now stays forward when it fires... so if the gun doesn't get enough pressure to force the slide back 100%, a round doesn't get loaded into the chamber.

I may be interested in a mag valve or two though. I have a friend that likes to vent gas from mine by pressing on the button, much to my dismay...

Here in Oregon (airsoft pacific) we had Zombie Zoo! Intense intense holloween event!

5 different teams have to move in on a small village where a metorite fell. Capture the meteor and Dr. Zhardos. 71 people in attendance.

I was one of the two Civilians soon to be permanent zombie.

Semi-automatic fire on zombies only (Zombie gets shot falls flat immediately, then get back up)

Other players is automatic. I even hit a Zombie with a strecher! HAR HAR HAR!!!

http://www.thespetsnaz.com/gallery/zz1/index.html

Where in the US is it taking place?

The infection will be breaking out in North/Central California

I must have quoted the wrong part... it's not the valve on the mag, it's the springs that move the 'blowback chamber/nozzle' backwards when you fire a shot. These got munched when my gun jammed to *beep* at Hac Bao II, and the valve now stays forward when it fires... so if the gun doesn't get enough pressure to force the slide back 100%, a round doesn't get loaded into the chamber.

I may be interested in a mag valve or two though. I have a friend that likes to vent gas from mine by pressing on the button, much to my dismay...

Ohhhhhh. Those are such a pain. G-d knows why they didn't engineer those better. I've been told that they can be replaced my modified springs from disposable pens, but I've yet to find one that works, despite going through dozens of pens from my office. In the mean time, I've simply used a small styrene rod to re-coil the spring. Not the best or easiest solution.

Oh a different note, supposedly this year they'll be allowing 8mm revolvers and counting each shot for 3 of the 6mms. That way they'll be one shot, one kill, replicating the magnums of Resident Evil.

Now if only I can get them to accept gas shotguns and ban AEPs...

Here in Oregon (airsoft pacific) we had Zombie Zoo! Intense intense holloween event!

5 different teams have to move in on a small village where a metorite fell. Capture the meteor and Dr. Zhardos. 71 people in attendance.

I was one of the two Civilians soon to be permanent zombie.

Semi-automatic fire on zombies only (Zombie gets shot falls flat immediately, then get back up)

Other players is automatic. I even hit a Zombie with a strecher! HAR HAR HAR!!!

http://www.thespetsnaz.com/gallery/zz1/index.html

The pics of that look great. Love the terrain. Great atmosphere.

"They're coming to get you, Barbara!"

They really are nice gloves, I just lost my right one today so I have to buy a new pair :/

They look a bit bulky. Nice, but bulky. I like my gloves close fitting. Like the wrist enclosure, though. Sealed-up wrists go a long way to keep junk out of the gloves which can drive me batsh*t.

Hmm...this is near where many of my team members live...some of us may try this out.  Pistols only...2 mags per pistol?  Any limit on # of pistols?

Nope. You can carry 5 pistols and 10 mags. People have done it both years. The only catch is that you need to have each one in a proper holster. Still, you can do it. I wouldn't recommend it, as you can end up being completely burdened and slow, i.e. zombie snacks.

There's also ammo stashed on the field. Reload fast, because people crouching and reloading also make tempting zombie morsels.

No limit on pistols. Last game, I noticed at least one player with pistols stored in the magazine pouches of tactical vests. Cumbersome, but effective. :)

I played with one Marui 92FS and two mags, and was generally okay, though I did reload the magazines and refill them with gas a number of times. I was eventually killed when running out of gas while a zombie was charging. :(

(The zombie made the final charge when he saw me pulling the trigger and only getting "click.. click.. click")

I would guess that a pair of identical pistols with a total of four mags would be the way to go, with the second pistol serving as an emergency pistol for when the first pistol runs through all three mags. Using both pistols simultaneously would be fun, but invite ammo wastage. In this game, every shot truly DOES count.

No limit on pistols. Last game, I noticed at least one player with pistols stored in the magazine pouches of tactical vests. Cumbersome, but effective. :)

I played with one Marui 92FS and two mags, and was generally okay, though I did reload the magazines and refill them with gas a number of times. I was eventually killed when running out of gas while a zombie was charging. :(

(The zombie made the final charge when he saw me pulling the trigger and only getting "click.. click.. click")

I would guess that a pair of identical pistols with a total of four mags would be the way to go, with the second pistol serving as an emergency pistol for when the first pistol runs through all three mags. Using both pistols simultaneously would be fun, but invite ammo wastage. In this game, every shot truly DOES count.

My brother did the matched pistol bit last year with twin G19s. Matched pistols are definitely good. One guy had WA 1911s in Safariland holsters. Very nice.

I really don't think you need to carry many guns, though. Both years I've carried one pistol. I've only expended about 80 pellets in two years of Biohazard. That's why I'm investing in good boots. They're far more important than the hardware.

Wheres the one in the NE held at? Depending on my schedual and how finances work out, I might show up.

If I do... I'll be extremely over dressed :)

Either Desert/Woodland/Multicam Raid modified BDU's

Eagle CIRAS in OD green land version

Safari Land Holster w/ a WA Warrior OR Duel custom WE Highcapas (Irene III one and my personally laser engraved 08th 'Foxtrot' special)

Bijan kneepads

Sounds like these games are a hoot... it will be much different then the normal Ohio mil-sim games.

Wheres the one in the NE held at? Depending on my schedual and how finances work out, I might show up.

If I do... I'll be extremely over dressed :)

Either Desert/Woodland/Multicam Raid modified BDU's

Eagle CIRAS in OD green land version

Safari Land Holster w/ a WA Warrior OR Duel custom WE Highcapas (Irene III one and my personally laser engraved 08th 'Foxtrot' special)

Bijan kneepads

Sounds like these games are a hoot... it will be much different then the normal Ohio mil-sim games.

Normally I'd love that loadout, but for Biohazard, something quasi-civilian or LE is most appropriate, IMHO. The idea is to look like a police officer or a corporate security person. That's why I was going for the 5.11 pants.

Archived