Biohazard Intervention

Monk

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cali: I attended the last game there... that was awesome! A zombie game would fit fairly well, but I wonder if people would go crazy/run/trip/fall/seriously injure themselves if there were zombies about. Some of those floors were pretty oil-slick, with holes in the grates, etc. I remember a heck of a lot more panicking at Bio II than Op Big Green at that site. Zombies are freaking scary!

But as you say, moot, since the building's being demolished. :'( that was a great field.

okay, let me clarify this as I see it's getting a little confusing:

Two magazines per pistol ONLY!

You WILL load your own magazines before going into the field.

You CANNOT bring extra ammo or gas into the field.

You MAY bring more than one pistol, BUT each pistol MUST be holsterd.

For further information please check the links:

OPERATION: BIOHAZARD - Rules

OPERATION: BIOHAZARD - Frequently Asked Questions

and if it's not answered on either of these links, please email us:

TheNAMmagazine@aol.com

I see AEPs will be allowed. That makes me most happy. I've just re-started my AEP project, reducing the power a bit (originally had a spacer+power spring), and hooking it up to an external. Should be fun :).

I do have a question about GBS (as do some of my friends). IT says the fps limits are 300fps, but on a hot day in April, a stock GBB might be shooting hotter than 300, even if just by a bit. I don't want to have my friends drive there with me, only to find out that they can't use their GBBs because they're 10 fps too hot!

I see AEPs will be allowed. That makes me most happy. I've just re-started my AEP project, reducing the power a bit (originally had a spacer+power spring), and hooking it up to an external. Should be fun :).

I do have a question about GBS (as do some of my friends). IT says the fps limits are 300fps, but on a hot day in April, a stock GBB might be shooting hotter than 300, even if just by a bit. I don't want to have my friends drive there with me, only to find out that they can't use their GBBs because they're 10 fps too hot!

We will allow a slight variation either way up to roughly 350fps. Anything over is entirely unacceptable though.

Wouldn't it be a bit unfair tolet people with AEPs to use things like 100 round magazines though?

Obviously this is your event and I won't be able to attend, but just out of curiosity.

I wouldn't agree, from an AEP users standpoint, because the FPS on AEPs is only 200fps, some at 210fps. This is worse then most spring pistols out there. It takes 6 shots to hit someone, as opposed to 3 with a GBB, in an typical game situation (and more than 6 if they are further away, or moving).

It was my understanding that it was 6 shots on full auto, but they go semi too (hence 3 shots).

Also, you would expect to be firing from reasonably close range, so power might not actually be a problem.

And the amount of ammo seems unfair in its own right. I only just carry over 200 rounds with primary and sidearm in most games anyway.

EDIT: It's actually closer to 250, just worked it out. Sorry.

It was my understanding that it was 6 shots on full auto, but they go semi too (hence 3 shots).

Also, you would expect to be firing from reasonably close range, so power might not actually be a problem.

And the amount of ammo seems unfair in its own right. I only just carry over 200 rounds with primary and sidearm in most games anyway.

EDIT: It's actually closer to 250, just worked it out. Sorry.

Yes, it's 6 shots if on burst/full auto. Obviously, one doesn't have to fire that AEP on full auto and an extended mag provides a heck of a lot of ammo. One could dual gun Glock AEPs with extended mags and be packed with 400 rounds. AEP batteries would be fine for 200 rounds apiece.

That having been said, this was not a real issue in the last two games. If it becomes an issue in April, I'm sure the NAM folks will review the rules and make a decision on it. They've proven to be very good about listening to players' feedback.

We get this question quite a bit via the website.

Honestly, it's no different than those 50rnd Glock mags people have brought out. Does it ruin the game? Not a bit. Why? As long as the 2-mag limit is adhered to, loadout doesn't really matter to us. It just means you're really more screwed than the average person come time to reload as you can't take BBs with you and must stay at the reload station. 50-100bbs is a hell of a lot to stuff into that little port in the top of a magazine, especially with the undead lurking about! Besides, how many players have found those extra rounds effective and entirely beneficial?

Imagine bringing them to the game and thinking you're invincible only to have the zombie you didn't see, tag you in the first 5 minutes of the game. So here you are, holstering your 100rnd mags having only offloaded about 10% on the zombie in front of you, completely oblivious to the one behind. Or how about facing a horde? You'll spray and pray with absolutely no direct results. In my opinion, these magazines are more than welcome as they just prolong the inevitable and provide their user an all but hopeless sense of false security!

Look, these games were designed to utilize one of the most UNUSED items in most of our arsenals, the pistol. I've been playing for over 5 years now and in all that time I've maybe used my pistol once? The OPERATION: BIOHAZARD series was designed just because of this. Now if only I could find a way to play vs. control...

P.S. You'll be able to ask us all your Biohazard questions in person! We'll be attending the Expo Airsoft West in Pamona, CA, February 25 & 26. We'll be wandering the floor looking at all the new stuff. Hope to see you there!

We get this question quite a bit via the website.

Honestly, it's no different than those 50rnd Glock mags people have brought out.  Does it ruin the game?  Not a bit.  Why?  As long as the 2-mag limit is adhered to, loadout doesn't really matter to us.  It just means you're really more screwed than the average person come time to reload as you can't take BBs with you and must stay at the reload station.  50-100bbs is a hell of a lot to stuff into that little port in the top of a magazine, especially with the undead lurking about!  Besides, how many players have found those extra rounds effective and entirely beneficial?

This is a good point and, I suspect, the reason hi-capacity guns haven't been an issue before. Both times, many people have brought 93Rs. They've not yet allowed someone to make it to the end who wouldn't have otherwise.

Also, reloading pistol mags in the field is a real PITA. Usually you get about 8 rounds into your mag before you have to bug out. Re-load spots attract players and that means zombies too. Plenty of people get taken out while holding a half loaded mag and a palmful of pellets.

Imagine bringing them to the game and thinking you're invincible only to have the zombie you didn't see, tag you in the first 5 minutes of the game.  So here you are, holstering your 100rnd mags having only offloaded about 10% on the zombie in front of you, completely oblivious to the one behind.  Or how about facing a horde?  You'll spray and pray with absolutely no direct results.  In my opinion, these magazines are more than welcome as they just prolong the inevitable and provide their user an all but hopeless sense of false security!

Look, these games were designed to utilize one of the most UNUSED items in most of our arsenals, the pistol.  I've been playing for over 5 years now and in all that time I've maybe used my pistol once?  The OPERATION: BIOHAZARD series was designed just because of this.  Now if only I could find a way to play vs. control...

I've got 8 pistols and Biohazard is really the only place I get to break any of them out.

I, with thecaptain_ps will be in a hawaiian shirt and sporting my KWA Glock 17 contained in an Uncle Mike's Kydex hip holster.  I hope to get a p226 (dammit Monk, you have the gun I want!) but that may or may not happen.

The UN Company/Prime custom is the bomb. The finish and trades are amazing. The fit is clank free but every shot gives off that satisfying sound of metal on metal. Besides, the shipping was dirt cheap and took only 10 days inlcuding build time.

So our loyal Zombie fodder hears it here first, the dates for

OPERATION: BIOHAZARD INTERVENTION

West Coast is: 16.APR.06*

East Coast is: 22.APR.06

The West Coast date looks to be good but might change due to field availability. Perhaps when registration opens, I'll give all the loyal Arnies Airsoft readers a $5 discount on prereg. Let me know what you guys think.

In addition, we'll be at WonderCon in SF Feb 10-12, but in civies! So if you know who we are, we'll be easy to find. I've been trying to coax Bennyku into going as the undertaker but he's a chicken! /o/

Maybe some kind persuasion? Maybe get a few to go as zombies as well? Just a thought.

Also, FYI. Having a problem with those goggles fogging when you put your zombie masks on? Clue: Try putting them on over the mask instead of vice versa as most do...

UK needs this event. Unfortunately, that means a person in said Kingdom actually get the ball rolling. Calling Sledge!

I'm in talks with the girlfriend about going down to the Expo in exchange for some sort of Disneyland outing. I'll put up with Goofy, but only if I can go to the Expo.

I have a question: If i carry a Marui mag loader onto the field and put BBs in it at the reload station to use later on in the field is it cheating?

What if i use it to load BBs quicker?

And for a final question, well more like a suggestion, do you guys think it'll be effective to bring an AEP and use a GBB as a primary to then, when surounded by zombie's pull out the AEP and start spraying all over the place, RE:4 style?

I was thinking that same thing, pyro. I'd be willing to carry a speed loader around in exchange for my spare mag :P

I was also thinking that maybe instead of a magazine limit, a number of rounds limit could work (not trying to tell anyone how to run their game, just an idea I had kicking around). Since people with Glocks and Berettas and such have about twice as many rounds available as those with single-stackers, it would be cool if the single-stack crowd could carry two spare mags. Of course, this ballances it out, but in reality anyone using a low-cap pistol would get pwnd by zombies anyway, so ballance is a null issue, heh.

Just an idea.

I have a question: If i carry a Marui mag loader onto the field and put BBs in it at the reload station to use later on in the field is it cheating?

What if i use it to load BBs quicker?

And for a final question, well more like a suggestion, do you guys think it'll be effective to bring an AEP and use a GBB as a primary to then, when surounded by zombie's pull out the AEP and start spraying all over the place, RE:4 style?

NO, as clearly defined in the rules, it would be cheating. You can only RELOAD at the RELOAD stations. Carrying BBs into the field is against the rules as it would defeat the whole environment we're trying to establish; one of futility, dispair and most important, desperation.

So often I find that GM's actually fix games so that the US will always win or that the "hero" element or "home team" will always win. This to me is WRONG. It's more fun to ensure everything is 50-50 (we'll even change scenarios on the fly to ensure this - hence the mysterious resurection of the desimated PD team at Bio II!) so that each team is balanced and has an equal chance at survival. We're in this sport for FUN! If the games are slanted or fixed, you loose that and end up with disgruntled attendees. To my knowledge, everyone who's attended the Bio games, even if spending 90% as a zombie has had an absolute blast! Besides, it's more fun to work with something you don't expect to happen as is evident with the scenario for Intervention.

FYI: A little poem for you: Spray + Pray = Zombie MRE!

Be there an echo?

OK, what if i brought an EMPTY Marui mag loader to fill up with BBs and reload IN the reload station? Kinda useless, yes i knoe.........

I meant spray an entire mag for the AEP in an intant to get rid of an immediate threat, that is: cornered by zombie's, to then re-switch to your pistol and continue using your shots sparingly.

Archived