Biohazard Intervention

Monk

Be there an echo?

OK, what if i brought an EMPTY Marui mag loader to fill up with BBs and reload IN the reload station? Kinda useless, yes i knoe.........

I meant spray an entire mag for the AEP in an intant to get rid of an immediate threat, that is: cornered by zombie's, to then re-switch to your pistol and continue using your shots sparingly.

Again, as I said, no. Trying to skirt around the rules turns the game into fodder. Honestly if I found someone doing this at the game, they'd have all the time in the world to ponder this on their drive home after being ejected. Follow the rules and you'll have one hell of a memorable time! We've spent quite a bit on the rules and faq sections so if it isn't there, you can pretty much guarantee the answer's gonna be no.

As for your AEP question, pick up the DVD and watch what happens to those who try that tactic......

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see, now I have to choose between this and the Airsoft Guide DVD.

BAH! This hobby's getting expensive.

As for the Mag loader idea, it was more of a curiosity, nvm I'll forget about it, it's not like I'm coming anytime soon or anything.

We'll see, now I have to choose between this and the Airsoft Guide DVD.

BAH! This hobby's getting expensive.

As for the Mag loader idea, it was more of a curiosity, nvm I'll forget about it, it's not like I'm coming anytime soon or anything.

Well, as I've stated already, if you know someone who owns property and hosts events, they can contact us to host an OPERATION: BIOHAZARD right there!

I'll try to be attending the April one with at least part of my team.

(Hopeing about half of us... or about 8 of us.)

Right now I seemed to be about 3 pistols with holsters.

x2 WE high capa's with a spare magazine each

x1 WA Warrior with a spare magazine

Both high capas in thigh legs, Warrior probably be in a SERPA.... I could get a left handed serpa for a Beretta or such.

:)

Cheers

Hope to see alot of ya there.

Oh yeah, what are the East coast rules on Shotguns? I have skylar's old pump :)

As for your AEP question, pick up the DVD and watch what happens to those who try that tactic......

As I said before, looking back on the previous years, AEPs really didn't prove to be decisive. They only added a false sense of security to those carrying them. That isn't to say I'm not considering carrying one and it also doesn't mean that I can't foresee a point at which they do become an issue, should people decide to abuse them and turn themselves into walking pellet storms.

Ultimately, this game is about survival/horror. It's not capture the flag. It's a very different beast from conventional games. In the past, there's been an AEG present (provided by the organizers). In one game, a team grabbed the magazines and left the gun, since it would give the other team something to look for, and since reloading it wasn't worth the risk and time. When you've got only pistols and limited ammunition, an AEG seems like it would be manna from heaven, but that's not how it works there.

One player found a gun on the body of a less fortunate operative, seemingly salvation for someone running from a zombie horde and out of ammo. He raised the gun, sighted in an undead, and pulled the trigger. Click. "Oh s***!" His last thoughts were likely about the fact that the dead operative on the ground had probably gone out the same way. Again, the guns can make one feel better about the situation than is truly warranted.

I just hope no one is put off from attending becausehe or she can't carry an arsenal or some of the extra toys that we've come to rely on. Minimalism is a major area where this game shines.

That's not to say an AEP will be useless right? I hope not, since I intend on using it as my primary. (btw, what happens to the spray and pray-ers?) I don't want my brains to get eaten that quickly...

Please don't take what's been said here to mean that AEPs are useless. They're just not a decisive advantage. If you don't have one, I wouldn't recommend going out to buy one in place of a conventional pistol as the investment probably won't pay off.

Spray and pray is a terrible strategy. It draws the zombies who know that you have to reload some time. Gunfire brings 'em shambling and I guarantee you don't have enough ammo to stop them all. Only one has to get through. Pick your shots, which is the antithesis of spray-and-pray.

Let's not forget something else. What do you think your teammates are gonna think about you when you're hogging all the BBs trying to reload your monster magazine? After all, you won't be the only one in need of a fresh magazine and they'll only buy that "let me finish and I'll cover you" BS once. You just might find yourself literally "tossed" to the zombies so that your "teammates" can escape. However, you could always go the other, selfish route and dump a pile in your hand. But every time I've seen someone do that, all that happens is the BBs end up a messy pile on the ground, trampled by zombies. This also presents another problem. With the ammo supply depleted, further returns to the same ammo dump are now compromised! We don't replace the ammo dumps until the resets. :wide-eyed:

To add to Monk's comments, yes, if we begin to see that AEPs are being used like miniature AEGs, we will take a look at banning them entirely from the Operation: Biohazard events. After all, there's a reason AEGs aren't allowed at the event. Again, people, the idea is to strip away your sense of security so that you feel too scared to move forward but too scared to stay still. Bringing an AEG to an event like this would remove that sense and turn this event into nothing more than another snoozefest airsoft milsim skirmish with a lame twist. Trust me, we tried to come up with some form of DOOMish op where AEGs would be allowed but kept running into walls. It was either just a zombie game with AEGs or a boring standard milsim game "with a lame twist" which, on any given weekend anyone can find one to attend. Take that Indiana Jones leap of faith and try something new! :D

No shotguns though, eh? Seems like they'd fit in with the theme, plus they have limited ammo capacity, and fire on semi...

Come on, give me an excuse to buy a UTG shotty. :)

As I stated on the Bio II thread:

We might actually allow shotguns at the upcoming events. But there's a catch. People seem to think they're the equalizers when in reality, shotguns don't do much damage when discharged at a little distance. Don't get me wrong, they'll decimate a living person, but consider a zombie. The little buckshot lacks the power to really drive home the kill unless up close. And we don't allow any engagements that close. So if we were to allow them, they would be 6mm only and, sadly, fall under the same rules as pistols. But you're right. It sure would look cool. Maybe even get a few chumps to come out as honkey rednecks!

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwww! Lookie there Booger, I done got me one richeous zombie! I ain't got no brains in mah mullett do ah?"

"Shheeeeeit Kooter, y'all sher did! I'm fixin' ta nail me one a them ther female floppie ones and take 'er home for some good ol' Southern rompin'!"

"Get 'er done Booger!"

Well, now that I've traumatized the Britts... :P

Again, it's just an idea we're toying with. All previous attendees, I'd love to hear your input on the matter!

Are there any pics of the event?  Also, how long does each segment last?

All that information you seek can be found on the website:

As for pics from the events, you can pick up a copy of Issue #4 or Issue #8 of The NAM: National Airsoft Magazine or even the DVD of the event using the link beneath my signature.

Also, just to verify this so that I don't get bombarded here in the posts too, we received an email asking the following:

[/b]

Subject: What is considered a pistol?

"Hello, I am seriously considering going to your east coast event but I have a question about the “pistols only” rule. The gun in question is a KWA MAC 11 Gas Blow Back Machine Pistol. The real steel is classified as a pistol. I would hate to show up with this and not be able to play. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete"

Close...but no cigar. The MAC 10 & 11 are not "machine pistols" but are actually submachine guns:[/color] http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg22-e.htm

Sadly, as with the MP5K, they fall under the SMG rule which is...well...no. There is only one exception to this rule (by name only) but it is also not allowed at the event because it's airsoft version falls under the AEG classification...any takers?

The winner, aka the first person to post the correct and COMPLETE answer here, gets a free Operation: Biohazard II DVD, so tell your friends!

Here's a question for ya..

What would an M4 Patriot be considered?

Under US Law, as long as a stock is not added, it's considered a pistol. (Even if it fires a 5.56 out of a 30 round magazine.)

Which is why bushmasters can sell them to civilians.

Just, once you add a stock, it then is considered a rifle, and you need to meet the 16 inch barrel minium barrel requirement.

Archived