Sig of the Month/Week?

Okay, I'm really sorry if this had been suggested before.

But I've been on quite a lot of different forums myself (design, hobbies, homework, hosting, webmasters etc.)

And I found most of them has a Sig of the Month competition.

I say, maybe we can have something similar? Because I can see some pretty talented Photoshop (or others) designers here. Judging by their sig.

If it's okay and you like the suggestion, PM me and I'll tell you about the "system". If you want.

Ivan

Well, there can always be a thread for "competitors" to submit their sigs.

It's more like a competition really, there would then be a couple of judges who are quite familiar with graphics design. Then the judges judge. Then winner's maybe awarded a tiny banner that says "Sig of the Week Winner - NAME HERE" So they can put under their sig or something....

Just like a fun competition.

Sounds like harmless fun, as long as people can actually manage to make the signatures to the permitted forum dimensions (give or a take a few pixels). Agreed there are definitely some skilled designers / digi artists about.

The amount of monster signatures still popping up here and there is suprising considering the amount of times and places in which the 400 x 100 size has been mentioned. That and make them a reasonable file size too, not like some recent 1mb or there abouts gif animations :)

Edited by Shard

Nope, no hacks. Just a normal poll with Image next to the person's name on the options.

They simply have a thread, annoucing the theme, size, color and other relavant information on it, then they give people a deadline. People will also submit the sig that they made in this thread. After the deadline, a new poll will be made, putting in all the sigs in the poll and the poll will be left there for, say a week. Then they stop the voting, whoever has the most votes wins.

(Sorry if I didn't make sense in some of the parts, For some reason, I'm not making any sense, so if you didn't understand a part of it. Tell me, I'll explain once more...)

Thanks

Silentscope - I can set that up, however I need to know the mod that they have used to allow images to be posted in polls. I've had a brief look online and I can't see the mod that they've used. Please either ask them, or supply me with an email address for their admins and I'll ask. :)

This is what told to do:

To include images in polls - for the poll answer just use the following tag:

[img=http://www.domain.com/path_to_image.jpg]

where the web address listed is the address to the image in question

I could have guessed that! I'll give it a try in the test forum.

EDIT:

Bit of a doh! moment :D

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ST&f=34&t=47849

Edited by SilentScope
  • 3 weeks later...