• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tangman - that is one very cool lid ...

...for the new guy... do tell...

Where you got it?

Type ?

Add ons etc?

Can you post additional photos - sides / interior?

'ello

Its a Just Mich 2000 (painted Krylon Khaki all over)

The accessories as seen in the pictures consist of

Norotos style NVG Mount (made by G&P)

PVS 7/14 Nightvision Swing Arm with PVS 14 J Arm & Norotos Adaptor

TGS PVS 14

###### Loada velcro with flags and glint squares

You can get most if not all of those parts of HK retailers, WGC stock all those parts iirc.

Photos

DSC02071.jpg

DSC02073.jpg

DSC02074.jpg

DSC02076.jpg

DSC02075.jpg

untitledbbbb.jpg

Nice helmet, same as mine.  ;). Real Kevlar is truly tacticool. A regular Army style mount would look better though, thats how mine will be once I finally get the mount from my friend I got the helmet from. Already have the PVS-7/14 flip up piece.

BTDT that with the regular mount

DSC01259.jpg

9e0183dd.jpg

By the looks of it, the US military are replacing the standard NVG Mount with the Norotos mounts. Seems like all the higher tier unit's are being issued it first (SEAL's, Ranger's, Marine Force Recon, Navy EOD off the top of my head). It's also more secure imo because of the 3 screw attachment system rather than the single screw on the issue NVG Mount, makes a hell of a lot of difference if you have something on the swing arm.

Edited by tangman

Tangman ...cheers for the info, side and interior photos and source photos...very helpful...especially for my 101st ACU loadout I'm putting together...got to make a decision now to buy the real mccoy on line or pick one up at the War & Peace show in July or go replica...decisions decisions decisions

<_<

Could you shed some light on the Peltor's?  Was it a custom job or is the whole mic kit readily available??

Yep it's a very basic custom job. I dropped in the left earcup a little ear-phone with boom-mic (10$ on ebay store). It works perfectly with the original noise attenuation.

@ scenicsquare : yes, some scratch and dirt and it will be perfect ;)