US Spec Op helmets

Does Boom Arms make good MICH replicas? I like the fact that they come with velcro and NV mount... I haven't been able to find any other good helmets.. I would get a real one, but I would rather drop $400 on a gun or a Plate Carrier.... link http://www.boomarms.com/sc/showcatalog.asp...ms%20Production

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how heavy? I have a current replica Fibreglass mich.... It has seen more than its share of wear n' tear...(i.e. I accidentally left it at the field and my dad ran over it with a 2 ton car, yet it still functions...) Its quite nice actually, besides the fact that it is now all cracked at the edges, although no parts of it have fallen of...(I have used it in like 10 full length skirmishes since...) It was 40 USD, and was relatively heavy, at least 2 lbs...

The Just helmet is a better copy than the Olka, certainly when it comes to the 2001. Olka's copy of the 2001 does not replicate the 2001 and is more realistic to the development Army SF helmet, but not even that.

Also from viewing various pics the Olka 2000 it looks incorrect also. I've noticed that where it steps down to the lower rim/ear area the angle is too flat compared to the real deal or other replicas which seem to have a more acute angle.

Olka helmets do not use the correct slot headed bolts but instead they use Allen bolts.

Edited by Tommygunn

dude I had to import that name brand velcro!

lol, and by velcro I mean whatever hook and loop *beep* is in the crafts section of walmart. so whatever works.

Oh and thanks Wupjak for the PVS referal, and thanks medic for the Norotos! ;)

Edited by Titleist

IBH from Ehobbyasia are SWAT helmets rebranded or unbranded. The quality is not the best but enough for arsofting IMO.

The weak points are the chin strap (get an original mich strap as soon as possible) and the seams in certain parts of the helmet (a little sanding and filling work).

Saludos!

Edited by Kurtz

Serious Cash is an understatement, I was after an NVG mount for my MICH 2000, and was gonna get a rhino mount, and the tension retainer, but the norotos mount crossed my mind, but $700 on US ebay... is that for real..? But I don't know what would be better, a Norotos or Rhino Mount... could do with some suggestions.

I aslo have an MS2000 on my IBH... which will probs go on my MICH, and also... where is the correct place to put the IR reflective squares on a helmet...?

Edited by Delta_Knight

Sifting through helmet ideas I kinda stumbled across something on ebaybanned...

MICH 2000 w/ Norotos

According to this it comes with a Rhino AND the Norotos knock off plus a multicam cover all for what... £57?

I woulda bought it cept I just got my MICH 2000 of felcktarn a few weeks ago. I dont know if it is worth it for the norotos knock off or the rhino, plus the multicam cover, because I'd definately have use for it.

Not sure if this was he right place to share this info but hey.. I thought id contribute