US Spec Op helmets

i like the matching multicam name tapes, but i think the IBH looks too shiney - sorry to rain on your parrade lol. but other than the shine it looks good, as for IBH suspention, ive not a clue, ive got the SWAT IBH as previosuly mentioned and i want to add a MICH suspention and pad system to mine cause the SWAT ones are... well... the helmet was $33 so its cheap. the shells ok but the rest needs replacing. ive already replaced the Wilcox tri-point NVG with a toy soldier one, but the straps and pads really do need a change. im using a Viper 3 point PASGT suspention at the moment. try googling for baying hound, i think they have a pretty good priced MICH pad/strap combo.

EDIT: ok, maybe its the flash making the helmet look shiney. got any pics in good lighting?

EDIT 2: ive grabbed the link to the baying hound stuff... baying hound ACH upgrade

Edited by [Apex]
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were I play, there is a lot Forest covered area, No moving air. Its hard to wear an Helmet in such conditions as fogging is a huge problem. The ESS I have on the helmet ATM are not mesh and they fog while wearing them with the Helmet. Just going to get another pair and mesh them so I can just pull them down and they fit perfectly with and helmet.

Ever considered ESS Turbocams? They are expensive but apparently work perfectly, and you don't have to risk using mesh.

Nope, Fans are pointless and make some kind of noise. The mesh I use is top grade stuff. At my play site I sell extra pairs that I make, at first peeps are skeptical, then I pull out my Sig P226 thats shooting 350 w .25 and shoot my personal pair of mesh goggles, doesn't even make a dent, Chips the paint. No noticeable dents.

Is a MICH/ACH/PASGT suspensions sytem going to work with an IBH?

Yes, i did it on mine King arms copy

ibhastrotp8.jpg

It is not finished but the MSA strap and screws are already set on it.

But as the curve of the IBH is different from a Mich one, the "heads of screws" wil not apply correctly on the helmet (you can't see it on the pic because the band from the X800 are above). Personnaly, i don't care but may be that will not be the case for every body.

Edited by Skodajocky
Nope, Fans are pointless and make some kind of noise. The mesh I use is top grade stuff. At my play site I sell extra pairs that I make, at first peeps are skeptical, then I pull out my Sig P226 thats shooting 350 w .25 and shoot my personal pair of mesh goggles, doesn't even make a dent, Chips the paint. No noticeable dents.

Well It's not denting people are concerned about, it's exactly what you said there! Paint chipping, those chips can easily scratch the eye causing sight damage, the biggest concern is of course the bb's shattering on impact which could do serious damage. There's a lot of threads on here which explain why mesh should not be used on US sites, and generally only UK woodland sites.

Don't mean to be a nag but you do only get one pair of eyes :P

Oh yea, I totally agree with you. but when I say paint chip, I mean I spray paint my mesh black [Gray Org.]. As far as shattering goes, I've never shattered a BB at point blank range testing. Thats kinda weird about banning mesh, the bigger place that I play at local to me, they have shifted over to Mesh, There are only a handful that wear regular goggles and by the end of the day they have bought a pair of my or another guy that sells them. there is even talk about banning regular goggles. Just and Idea, we play about 75 strong every three weeks and maybe 7 people have regular goggles. There is a mix of Mesh 20 grade and Microwave door [i call mesh]. Like you said to each is his own.

-Cody

2295012808_7249d2b5c8.jpg

I don't like the paint, but meh..., I want to do some net style pattern on it, but I don't know how is the technique..first you need to do a base coat and then you put the net (what type of net ?!) on it and then I add other coat of different colour ?! I appreciate if anyone help me with that pattern style..^^!!

STL - Nice helmet. I like the paint design on it now, looks kind of used. But if you'd like to do a net style painting, it's quite easily done. First you need to lay down a nice coat of whatever base paint (most people will lay down Khaki or something) then when it dries, you lay down the netting. The net can be anything from 1" fish netting, to 1 milimeter netting. Look around for sizes at your local walmart or fabric store, and just use whatever you'd like. Theres no specific size. Lay down the netting and spray over your second layer. Most people try to do a thick kind of blended stripe pattern leaving some spots still khaki, so that the netting will fade in to the sprayed spots.

Check HERE for another helmet forum on Airsoft Barracks, where a guy has done the kind of layering you're tlaking about. Also check around this thread a little more. It's pretty easy! Just as seen!

Payne06 - Maybe MS-2000 strobe? :D Eh? Ehhhh? IR Flags might not be a bad idea either. :P Hopefully that'll bring about some ideas mate.

STL - Nice helmet. I like the paint design on it now, looks kind of used. But if you'd like to do a net style painting, it's quite easily done. First you need to lay down a nice coat of whatever base paint (most people will lay down Khaki or something) then when it dries, you lay down the netting. The net can be anything from 1" fish netting, to 1 milimeter netting. Look around for sizes at your local walmart or fabric store, and just use whatever you'd like. Theres no specific size. Lay down the netting and spray over your second layer. Most people try to do a thick kind of blended stripe pattern leaving some spots still khaki, so that the netting will fade in to the sprayed spots.

Thanks for the tips..^^!! I will search on outdoor stores for fish net..=D..

STL, ive seen quite a few jobs which are done with scrim net, maybe thats worth checking out? i cant see any idea why fishnet wouldnt work, i suppose its all down to the pattern of the net.

Skoda, nice IBH, i like the X800s (i use them too). how well do the straps adjust? i imagine you could also use the original fixings to attach the strap.

Newhotness, as much as i like the idea of mesh goggles, and as strong as yours may be, why would they ban polycarbonate or whatever goggles? the guarder shooting glasses have been tested by shooting the lense with a shotgun... now if it can withstand that im pretty sure it'll withstand a plastic 0.25. and its not just guarder that test their glasses this way as im sure you know. im not trying to tell you what to do, or not to use mesh, but just be careful, as Edmiles said, you only get one pair of eyes lol.

Newhotness, as much as i like the idea of mesh goggles, and as strong as yours may be, why would they ban polycarbonate or whatever goggles? the guarder shooting glasses have been tested by shooting the lense with a shotgun... now if it can withstand that im pretty sure it'll withstand a plastic 0.25. and its not just guarder that test their glasses this way as im sure you know. im not trying to tell you what to do, or not to use mesh, but just be careful, as Edmiles said, you only get one pair of eyes lol.

Its just and Idea, its not a true "ban" of them, its user pref. but you half to understand the place I play, to many ret. vets. There are so many rules, Like Magazine Capacity between 60 - 120 in AEG's no more no less 1 warning then your gone for the day if caught again, Support half to be on a drum, You half to have at least 3l of water on you at the beginning of each game. There trying to rally to make Mesh into those rules.

Like I said we play in forest covered area, we have been having trouble with the little youngsters that come in with goggles, they go out and play, take their goggles off un-fog them and are getting shot at this time.

Not to worried about my eyes because the lord has blessed me with bad eye site as it is.

Skoda, nice IBH, ...

Thanks but as i said it is not finished. :D

how well do the straps adjust?

Well enough for me :P . More seriously as i had nothing to compare, it's difficult for me to answer honestly ;)

i imagine you could also use the original fixings to attach the strap.

Yes, the MSA strap could be use with the King arms original fixings (I tried when i was waiting the MICH attaches) but :

-) I don't trust a lot the original fixings (May be it's not justified but i doubt that they could hold the settings of the straps).

-) I dislike the original screws and their little cruciform heads

Edited by Skodajocky

Dig back through this thread, there's a pretty good example of how to set it up on the strobe and helmet.

Since this thread needs more photos, here's my finished OD MSA MICH:

OD_Helmet_01.jpg

OD_Helmet_04.jpg

OD_Helmet_03.jpg

MSA MICH 2000

Skydex Pad Kit

Norotos 3-Hole Shroud

Norotos Titanium Arm (also going to be swapping my 1-hole norotos on my tan helmet to the 3-hole as well)

ITT PVS-14

Edited by Titleist