US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure, did we?

I generaly don't look in the seal thread.... I don't have or want black buckles on my tan gear. ;)

I went back and read what was left of the "discussion" looks like I missed a good show.

I have seen duct tape used in a pinch to cover a.... ummm cover that was damaged so no white light got out. But never one painted. I doubt that would work very well at all.

We would tape over some of ours flight station instruments and radio heads that were not NVG friendly and the result was decent. It allowed enough light to bleed through the tape that you could read it without it washing out the rest of the cockpit.

Edited by Wrench Bender

To all-problem with straps on replica IBH helmet from eBay/EHobby Asia. When I wear it and secure the straps, it is very tight and it pulls on my chin to the left very bad. I adjusted it loose and it's still tight and pulling to the left. Any suggestions? Will the strap for a replica MICH 2002 work to replace it? Thanks.

@WrenchBender-it's not a real IR strobe, just a replica. I would paint the IR shield of a real one.

Edited by Hispeed1
To all-problem with straps on replica IBH helmet from eBay/EHobby Asia. When I wear it and secure the straps, it is very tight and it pulls on my chin to the left very bad. I adjusted it loose and it's still tight and pulling to the left. Any suggestions? Will the strap for a replica MICH 2002 work to replace it? Thanks.

@WrenchBender-it's not a real IR strobe, just a replica. I would paint the IR shield of a real one.

The replica IBH harness is garbage.

I have been using a genuine MSA Gallet replacement strap from a spare MICH 2000 and it works great.

The photos a few pages back from my IBH show the suspension.

Some of the "Collection":

100_1997.jpg

100_1999.jpg

100_2000.jpg

From Left to Right:

Top Row: Replica MICH TC-2000, Genuine MSA TC-2000, Genuine MSA TC-2000, Genuine MSA TC-2000 (ACU).

Bottom Row: Protec, Genuine CVC Helmet (Conversion), Toy Soldier IBH w/ MSA Suspension.

My TC-2000's:

100_2001.jpg

100_2002.jpg

100_2004.jpg

100_2005.jpg

100_2006.jpg