US Spec Op helmets

crosspost

helmo1d5.jpg

Finally, it is done. :o Couldn't find my iff flags, don't know where I left those - just imagine there is a tan one on the left side. :D

OPS-Core Chinstrap

Retention Straps

SF HL1-C

ANVIS mount & LPBP

selfmade Safety Lanyard

Velcro en masse :D

some Krylon dust (Sand, Brown)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I would appreciate this so much if you could help me out.

Can someone post a picture of them wearing a IBH, around 5'8 or 5'9 120-140 pounds?

And for this one size dosnt matter, can someone post a pic of them wearing a VFORCE GRILL with a IBH?

Thanks a ton!

Guessing no one knows?

And for anyone who has a vforce grill, can you tell me what other helmets it fits?

Edited by ChrisWPA
crosspost

Finally, it is done. :o Couldn't find my iff flags, don't know where I left those - just imagine there is a tan one on the left side. :D

OPS-Core Chinstrap

Retention Straps

SF HL1-C

ANVIS mount & LPBP

selfmade Safety Lanyard

Velcro en masse :D

some Krylon dust (Sand, Brown)

Thats a realy Schmexy lid you got there buddy!

I know I don't have any photos to post, but I'm looking to build a new tan helmet and I need help figuring out what will be the best base. I know I might get flamed a bit for using some Ebaybanned gear, but I already spent all my money on my AEG's...

I'm planning on using these accessories:

-DEVGRU Frogman Headset (EXCELLENT piece of kit)

-MS2000 strobe

-Tan embroidered flag patches (1 forward, 1 reverse)

-China Clone 3-Hole Norotos mount

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1777

-China Clone helmet light

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1668

-Arena Flakjaks

So what I was wondering is whether I should use an IBH, MICH 2001, or MICH 2002. I'm asking from a purely aesthetic standpoint, what would appeal to you the most? I have little prior experience on which to base my decision. Thanks!

So what I was wondering is whether I should use an IBH, MICH 2001, or MICH 2002. I'm asking from a purely aesthetic standpoint, what would appeal to you the most? I have little prior experience on which to base my decision. Thanks!

Dood who cares what appeals to a bunch of random people on the internet who for the most part have no idea what they are talking about and have never had to use the kit the reccomend for any real length of time.

The best thing you can do is if you have access to the different style of helmets try them on and see what you like. Find out what is comfortable for you and what is not.

If you are going to run Peltor Comtacs you might like the IBH more than the MICH 2000,1,2...you might like a PROTEC more than all the above..you may even decide you hate helmets and would much rather run a ballcap or boonie.

Get the gear YOU like and think works best and F everyone else. Like i have said before it is YOUR loadout and it means nothing what a bunch of Gearsnobs online think of it.

If you are looking to replicate a specific unit or time period that is a whole different story. Then you will need to figure out what was the rule vice the exception and go from there..but then again there is ALOT of leway here in this hobby. All you need is that one "Photo" to prove the legitamicy of your impression to the Gearqueer council...(God forbid you may have been downrange and seen it with your own eyes..PICS or it didn't happen runs rampant on these sort of message boards).

From my personal operational experience non-airsoft I have worn a few different types of helmets. I currenty wear a MICH 2002 and it is a great helmet It works well with Comms but still not as good as I would like. I have found that the MICH 2000 I have and use when back in CONUS feels a little better with a PRR headset that the 2002 for some reason. I have also worn USMC LW helmets in AIRSOFT and they are comfortable..but really similar to the 2002. I am not a fan of the IBH...I have only used it without PELTOR's on and I am sure with COMMS on it is awsome but the high ear is just uncomfortable to me.

Really though Try these different helemts on if you have the chance before making your mind up and buyin something you may hate.

@Bronco:

I don't like MICH 2000's. I used to have one and they feel too big.

@navymp:

-I already have a Protec, boonie, and ballcap. I want to try something different. I've worn my Protec with the DEVGRU headset and it's very uncomfortable, as the helmet is tight and pushes the support bands into my skull.

-I don't have the ability to go and try different helmets on, so I wanted the opinion of people who have experience building helmets for airsoft. True, I did word it badly when I said "from a purely aesthetic standpoint", because I also want to know what will work best with my comm setup, but, again, these guys actually do kind of know what they're talking about.

-I'm not going for a specific impression, as none of my current AEG's replicate U.S military firearms. I just want to build a cool helmet since I've done just about everything else.

@Fatal:

Thank you, that was exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

-DEVGRU Frogman Headset (EXCELLENT piece of kit)

These might look good on paper but they cause you to loose hearing in 1 ear and you sweat under it like no other. Basically, headsets designed for diving are not so good on land.

-Arena Flakjaks

These will fog like crazy and they look super weird. I'd go with low profile mesh.

Woah! Did it penetrate the lense or pass through the frame or what?

I think that people living in Washington state have it the hardest with goggles, it's condusive to fog here. It's ALWAYS cold and your body is hot so thus you get fog. My whole team got those goggles and they are only used as a last resort now because of how much they fog. Everyone uses mesh.

I have a couple questions, so I just bought this BlackMICH 2001 w/Black chin straps for $15 at my local surplus place, and I can't figure out what make it is. It has a very rough texture, even on the chin strap screws and rubber edge. On the chin strap, the part that actually goes on your chin, has a peice of leather sewn in between the straps that would sit on your chin.

Also, Norotoes mounts do infact fit don't they?

Sorry for the double post, too late to edit,

But yeah, I pimped my new MICH today. Pics Ahoy:

PC080361.jpg

PC080360.jpg

PC080359.jpg

- Replica MICH 2001 (Kryloned Medium Brown and Khaki)

- G&P "USMC OEF" Goggles (ESS Repro's)

- A little Velcro

- Homemade Blood Type Patch and Goggle Retention straps

- American Flag Patch, Non-IR

I still need a Norotoes, Emdom Goggle Straps and a Petzel.

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

I have a couple of questions for you guys.

1) Anyone have any pics of an IBH with either a Norotos or Rhino arm with a pair of PVS-7's?

2) The mount that comes standard on the IBH replicas, What is the real version called?, and Are they sold anywhere? (Mount in picture)

IBH_OD_SEAL_helmet.jpg

Thanks