US Spec Op helmets

How does the OSOE pouch attach? velcro I assume...does ot comes with the battery pull out?

It's supposed to come with a battery pull out. OSOE forgot it and are drop shipping it to me right now. (Bought it from OPTac). It attacheds via velcro on the back. Doesn't hold the strobe in place quite as securely as I'd like, but with the goggle strap, it's better.

Again, realy nice for a replica mich. I may end up having to go with one for that version.

Thanks, dude! I was pretty bummed that I couldn't find my real lid (I know it's in there somewhere), but after I got done with this replica and got it well balanced with the accessories, I was really pleased with the result. I've worn 'Nam era steel pots before for hours on end, and while real MICH 2001s are nowhere near as heavy as that... this replica is very easy to wear in comparison. The OPS-Core harness is simply AWESOME compared to standard issue. And the Skydex pads helped a bit too.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard realy good things about the skydex pads.... as in guys who get the stuff from everyone else for free have paid retail for the skydex ones because they work realy well.

The Skydex pads are pretty incredible. If you're ever in a situation in which there's the slightest chance your head's gonna collide with a hard surface, Skydex may just save your life.

That is a wicked cool helmet uscm. How do you like the vas shroud compared to other nvg mounts?

Thanks! The VAS shroud is awesome. Easy to install, super light, very secure, and very inexpensive. I was extremely close to buying the new Norotos AKA2-HMA with universal shroud. I got the VAS shroud + a used but new Rhino Mount at 1/8th the price of what the Norotos Combo would have costed be. I can't recommend it enough.

Putting an OPS Core kit into a PASGT requires drilling some holes. Up to you whether you put the pads in, but I'd say it's a good idea. Way more comfortable than the PASGT one.

Talking of which, my OPS Core in Left eye dominant is now en route, since my crappy cheap chinese strap gave way ( or rather, the screw undid itself during a night game, so that's that buggered!) Comfortable helmet that can't move ftw :)

Edited by Shriven

Not as cool as some (cough uscmCorps cough)

P1230403.jpg

P1230404.jpg

P1230405.jpg

P1230406.jpg

-Replica TC-2001

-Replica ESS Goggle

-Emdom Goggle Retention Straps

- Petzel Tactikka

- Homemade Blood Type Patch and non-IR Flag (forgot to put on my black/tan subdued flag, so just use you imagination)

- Tacticool goggle cover

-Spec Ops Recon Wrap

I still need a Norotos 3 point shroud, and Ops-core Head-Loc suspension to replace my current shitastic one.

I fixed the patches. Thanks for the tips.

PynkPanthyr- I don't think you looked close enough but in the last picture you may notice a reversed flag patch. ;)

EDIT: DUBOIS posted this with my account thinking he was logged in. :D

Edited by Vercingetorix

Just an update for my MICH...... there are a couple more folks here that will be posting theres up sometime in the future but I will let them be the onse to decide when the time is right.

MSA/Gallet TC2000

SF helmet light

MSA/Sordin Ranger dual comm headset

Oakley turbofan goggles

ANVIS goggle mount

ANVIS lo-profile battery pack

Velcro and IR flags/glint tape

gear033.jpg

gear035.jpg

gear034.jpg