US Spec Op helmets

This is NOT a general thread for bog standard helmets such as 'this is my skid lid from airsoftrubbish.com' etc.

Please post your helmet impressions that you have created from real world US Special Forces pics.

However, if you have an interesting impression from US Army or Marines and other country forces then by all means post, but they must be unique and accurate.

Please, keep it geardo!

Here's mine. What do you think?

JUST MICH 2001 replica with three colour Krylon, added velcro, ITT (modded for MICH)PASGT nvg mount, ACR MS-2000 strobe, IR squares, US f&r flags and Bolle X800T goggles

SFhelmet165.jpg

SFhelmet265.jpg

Edited by Tommygunn
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, my specialty! :lol:

gallery_8_455_19142.jpg

gallery_8_455_38622.jpg

gallery_8_455_5087.jpg

Protec Ace Water with OD Krylon, PASGT NVG mount, ESS NVG Profile goggles, velcro and patches galore, IRR tabs, PJ tab, cat's eyes band, PASGT 3pt chinstrap and some markings in Sharpie ink (NKA, O POS and a PJ slogan ;)).

Edited by HaVoC

seeing as here's a ready made thread!... hope you don't mind but...

i'm trying to create a delta sniper impression, yes we've seen it all before i know! but i'm doing it in US woodland but along the theme of Delta in Somalia '93 if you get me - similar kit but in a different enviroment. - that sounds like it's been done so many times before i know but it's actually quite unique judging from the few i've seen.

Could anyone point me towards recommended head gear in general please? helmet (i suppose a protec but there are so damn many! and perhaps someone has a better suggestion), goggles, accessories that sort of thing

anything along those lines really

thanks a lot for any info.

Cheers Rob

EDIT: if anyone has any serious problems with me putting this in a picture thread i'll move it to the gear section but i don't think it should cause too much trouble :unsure:

p.s. loving the MICH & Protec

Edited by RobbyC

Nice helmets guys keep 'em coming.

Clmwrx,

This is not a thread for every Tom, D*ck and Harry. It is for gear nuts who want to replicate the real world instead of some generic helmet/hat thread that has builders helmets and cowboy hats in it. I just wanted something more exact and dedicated.

Robbyc,

If you want an a BHD M4 sniper look then you need to get a half cut Protec skate helmet. Have a look here, it is under Classic Skate http://www.pro-tec.net/skate.html

If your looking to get that style of helmet in the UK then you can probably forget it. I looked high and low in every skate and cycle shop and eventually had to order from WGC where they do the exact genuine article.

These days if you look at www.militaryphotos.net then you will see most Delta on there are just wearing soft hats i.e. wooly hats, rolled up balaclava, peak caps, afghan hats etc, but it is a lot to do with environment and deployment. Take your pick.

More pics please.

Edited by Tommygunn
  • 4 months later...
My new MICH was seized by customs :( But nice helmets guys.

Again, did they say why?

Robbyc,

If you want an a BHD M4 sniper look then you need to get a half cut Protec skate helmet. Have a look here, it is under Classic Skate http://www.pro-tec.net/skate.html

If your looking to get that style of helmet in the UK then you can probably forget it. I looked high and low in every skate and cycle shop and eventually had to order from WGC where they do the exact genuine article.

I'd suggest trying a Kayaking supplier for that helmet. I was very popular for whitewater fans.

I just got my OLKA MICH 2002 (tan) and hopefully this week I should have my RHINO NV mount for the PVS 7/14 I eventually plan on buying (one or the other, not both, lol)

But yeah search ebay, they go for about 60-100 bucks. I snagged mine for 75.

Might as well post the updated pic I took for something else :)

gallery_8_627_260691.jpg

Hatch Nomex Bibbed Hood (Heavyweight, Black) and Oakley M-Frames with Grey Hybrid lenses.

I got my NVG mount from wasted_youf, although I suspect he got it from eBay originally.

EDIT: Not sure if anyone will comment (:P), but I have a wide-*albatross* bridge to my nose. Therefore my M-Frames ride quite high on my nose. The search for a pair of glasses wide enough to fit right continues...

Edited by HaVoC