US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice titleist B)

gonna add anything else to it?  i'm also picking up a helmet cover and cateye helmet band

I'm going to paint the helmet a khaki/earth brown, and then attach flags to it. I don't think I'll do an IR strobe yet.

In late summer/fall I'm going to add a real PVS7 or 14

I'm going to paint the helmet a khaki/earth brown, and then attach flags to it. I don't think I'll do an IR strobe yet.

In late summer/fall I'm going to add a real PVS7 or 14

:D and you were asking me if buying an MICH replica was "worth" it...heh, probably pales in comparison to the PVS7 or 14 you're gonna buy.

good call on that coyote paint, dunno if its your camera but that helmet looks almost beige-ish. luckily, our team's uniforms are DCUs or Tiger Stripe. the OD on mine should fit right in. and just throw a cover on for desert camo.

IR strobe is also cool for looks. you putting on a real MS2000? i've got one, they're nice for marking yourself "hit/dead" in night games.

:D and you were asking me if buying an MICH replica was "worth" it...heh, probably pales in comparison to the PVS7 or 14 you're gonna buy. 

good call on that coyote paint, dunno if its your camera but that helmet looks almost beige-ish.  luckily, our team's uniforms are DCUs or Tiger Stripe.  the OD on mine should fit right in.  and just throw a cover on for desert camo.

IR strobe is also cool for looks.  you putting on a real MS2000?  i've got one, they're nice for marking yourself "hit/dead" in night games.

Yeah the PVS 7 is cheaper, but I can't weapon mount it, so I'm thinking I'll go with a 14. I'll paint the helmet coyote, gotta see if my hardware store has that color though. Then I'll do a slight dusting of darker brown, just to break up the shape.

But you're right, the helmet is beige, it's lighter than khaki in color. So it either needs a cover or to be painted. I might do an IR strobe when I do get NV, there are players in and around Fresno who actively use Gen 3+ so getting an MS2000 strobe for calling dead man might be a safe thing to do.

Any idea how much those run?

Hey to the guys who spray painted their helmet, is the band around the bottom edge of the helmet suppose to be tacky after a full day of drying?

It you used a spray paint that is for hard plastics, spraying PP with the same paint will result in a tacky, sticky paint that will never dry.

And I mean never.

Guess how I learnt that :(

chillindrdude The goggles in your picture look like the Oakley A Frame over the Oakley SI Assault A-Frame, which are the military ones.

A-Frames

SI Assualt A-Frames

Having both the standard A Frame, which is really a ski/snow goggle and the ESS NVG's I'd choose the ESS.

THe oakley have a large foam pad designed to keep you warm in the cold climate, and I get hot enough with out needing extra insulation.

Plus I think the NVG's look better :)