US Spec Op helmets

Hey Tomo whats with the bungee around the lid mate?

As Titleist says, you see shock cord in use quite a bit.

560564541.jpg

csa20060224094718cbn41.jpg

P-magref.jpg

I was told that the bungee was just kinda stored on the helmet, and was used with the actual NVG's to keep them in the upright position? That way, when you pull the NV's down to use them there's enough give in the shock cord to allow them to lower. No hard evidence to back that up though, it's just an idea.

Edited by tomo
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends, the G&P norotos's will hook up to a real USGI rhino arm, the others wont, as they're just for show. I think some of the other repro rhinos will as well. But if you're getting a rhino and plate, get the real deal, minus international shipping the cost is similar to an overseas knock off.

roecar are you left or right handed?

im guessing the placement of the headtorch depends on what side you would read a map? (as in with all your kit on and where the map is)

I'm right handed, I've never actually had to read a map yet on the skirmish field. Tbh the Petzl was part of the helmet package. But If i get your point I think I'd be better of with in on the left I suppose.

Nice contrast between the Tan of the lid and the black of the velcro.

Yeah, contrast is a great thing to have on your head.

I only have black velcro atm and the beige I order won't be here for another two weeks. For the Petzl if anyone has a tan one they want to trade with I'm more than willing. On a side note my MICH sits in nicely with a PMC loadout I skirmish with, that being said I not likely to chnage the loops until it starts to peel off.

They're only $34?

Wow, thats not bad at all. I figured that since it was remotely NV related, it would be some $400 light accessory...LOL

Most camping/climbing/outdoor type stores will have them. They range in price from $30 to $50 depending on what you get in the package.

Edited by Wrench Bender