US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ALMOST done with my MICH TC-2001 (waiting on Norotos and Bowman headset in the mail) but before I go and paint it or make another serious change I have a question...

Which unit(s) uses(s) the 2001? I'm hoping SEAL's, as that's the direction I'd like to go with my new US Spec Ops impression, but I haven't seen very many reference pictures.

My latest...

SDS 'Warrior'

Ir patches

Strobe

Goggle retention straps

DSCN0838.jpg

DSCN0839.jpg

I am going to put a rhino plate on it for now, until I can get a good deal on a Norotos. I don't want to drill three holes in a real helmet for a fake mount that might break when a night vision unit is on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice mount BSMars, how about securing the front wiring next to the ANVIS mount with some velcro. I'd hate to see the wiring/plug get snagged on something and get ripped off the mount or the end by the battery. By the way, are you selling it? I saw an eBay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANVIS-AN-AVS-9-Mount-S...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Edited by Hispeed1
Grr. I really want ANVIS. If I had another 2001 I would buy that today.

On CAG lids, when you see the power cord running along the outside of the MICH, is it covered by tape or velcro?

As BSM replied-velcro would be good because it wouldn't be permanent. But I've seen pics of the AWG helmets with tape on the wiring of their ANVIS and it was spray painted tan.

• 1 month later...