US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what CORPS...just take your helmet and your sordins and just....just....just....WHAT EVER!!!!!

*can you smell the jealousy*.

Lovely helmet dude, the ops core straps are awesome.

It's not just the Ops Core straps that make it awesome, the suspension system is even cooler than that. The frame inside the helmet can be adjusted with a turn of the knob at the rear, to perfectly encompass your head. Properly fitted, I almost don't even need the straps to hold the helmet to my melon. It's THAT secure. The helmet is also designed with comms in mind and you're able to loop in the hearing protection inside the frame so that when taking the helmet off the head set stays with it. Plus the helmet is Carbon Fiber .... mmmm CF ...

Edit: spelling.

Edited by uscmCorps

It looks slightly lower on the right. You'll have to forgive me i border on OCD on these things, just ignore me ;)

On closer inspection it think its just the helmet is wonky on the head :blush:

Edited by msx361
It looks slightly lower on the right. You'll have to forgive me i border on OCD on these things, just ignore me ;)

On closer inspection it think its just the helmet is wonky on the head :blush:

Yeah, I know what you mean. OpsCore installed it and it's actually on there properly and level ... The helmet itself is not level on the styrofoam head as I only noticed that after i took the pics. Didn't have the patience to set it up again and take new pics.

uscmCorps check this out @ 1:00, 1:34-1:38, 2:32 :P

LOL ... yeah I saw that. I actually ordered this helmet back in August.

The darker colors are a little heavy in my opinion. You might want to give the helmet a VERY light dusting of the lighter tan to soften the darker brown just a touch.

Regarding the chin strap, I strongly suggest you get the Ops-Core X Harness or H Harness. If you have the money, go with the Ops-Core ACH Occ-Dial Liner Kit (which includes a harness). but definitely look at the H/X harnesses. You won't regret them.

You may also want to get Goggle Retention straps and if you like the look, some kind of NOD mount (replicas will do unless you plan on actually using real NODs).

Norotos are popular as are the Ops-Core style mounts.

I am thinking of getting OPS straps from them (optactical), but the thing that gives me pause is the website stating 'APO/ FPO Customers! Your city is APO or FPO, your state is AA, AE, or AP. Your country is USA, not the country you are deployed in' does this apply to overseas customers too or just to US military members?

Sorry if this is off-topic.

Cheers

Luke

Looks quite good, I like the paintjob. I wouldn't add any velcro if it isn't really needed, is it?

My suggestions are:

- Paint those shiny screws

- Perhaps replace the 3pt norotos with 1pt (Although I think that if you search enough well you will probably find a picture of SF using 3pt one)