US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grantfallen: 

Scooped up one of the very rare sets that for some obscure reason made it onto eBay.

It's unpainted and non-assembled - pics when it's done of course.

Thank you Tom. Considering adding a bit of brown to the paintjob, but other than that I'm very satisfied :)

I can guarantee you that the 75th Ranger Rgt. is widely fielding ANVIS setups at the moment.

Still, there are a few operators here and there that are lagging behind a bit, but they all seem to be using 1-hole NOROTOS mounts (presumably for PVS-15s/18s.

Grantfallen:

Scooped up one of the very rare sets that for some obscure reason made it onto eBay.

It's unpainted and non-assembled - pics when it's done of course.

The sets wich cost something like $250 in BIN?

Spend that much money for that *suitcasey* resin kit, you'll be veeeery disappointed. :/

BIN?

Either way, no worries - I spent far less than $250 USD, it's nothing but a fashion object after all :)

Just figured it would be a nifty extra little piece to put on the lid when finished.

Actually, it barely cost me more than some of the PVS-14 replicas out there

Honestly, I really don't know which color it was :P

I've used both matte black, matte light gray and OD paint on this lid.

It's a paintjob consisting of at least five layers.

/EDIT:

Better photos of the paintjob:

P5266116.jpg

P5266118.jpg

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor

Light Gray (tiger stripes) > Black (dusting) > OD (tiger stripes) > OD (snakeskin) > Black (dusting and slight tiger stripes)

Can't guarantee that's what I did, but it's my best guess, and that's how I would do it if I was going to paint it again.

Though I might also add some brown in the mix :)

Gah!! how did I not notice the ANVIS on that Ranger's MICH?

I looked at all the details of his vest, but didn't notice that.

If I could get a replica set of ANVIS I would be completely made up.

I want to get some NVG replicas for my Force Recon impression, but I've still got a lot of work to do on my MICH before it's ready.

I've been meaning to say that your MICH looks really good with the black spray.

Just to let you guys know ive got a replica set of anvis pvs9's on the way. Il let you know if they are any good and get pictures up. If they are, il get permission from the mods to put up a little sales pitch post with details on how to get them and cost ect.

• 3 weeks later...

corps: the nvgs themselves are resin, the mount & LPBP is all real. I can get pics up of the actual NVG's up after sunday when they will completed fully and photographed. The resin kits come with the ball joints are either side that slide in the mount and allow the NVG to go up and down. pm me for more info. hope that makes some sense.