FREE airsoft event

Ingo_Sleeps

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bauer if your aeg fires at 345 with a .2 where do you play that allows that? actually, thinking about it, don't combat south allow a 350 limit of aegs?

As a rule, we only allow aeg's firing at 350fps on our site. Anything over that limit is deemed excessive. Consider full auto rifles firing at 390fps using .2, within a distance of 8 metres. Thats not just gonna hurt, that's really gonna hurt! So make sure your aeg's a firing at 350fps or below!

Mark

DS (Team OKAMI)

free fire zone woodland allows it to.

but my local site as long as your sensible, also

also have pistol for close range and room clearing.

We always suggest strongly that players carry a sidearm for close quarters battle, or for those firing at high fps, but cant fire within a specified distance. Failing that, carry a springer shotty as a backup.

rogue that would be much beter, springer shotties do hurt especially at close reange, but not as much as a 350fps aeg would, maybe you should make the chrono 350fps ONLY with .2's, anyone firing above it only semi auto or whatever, that's the way my site does it, because if you get loads of people firing 350 fps with different weight ammo, some people might/will have an advantage plus people will get hurt more than what they would like lol

Ok, to clarify, the limits are as follows for the site:

AEG firing at no more than 350 fps using either .20 or .25 ammo.

Springers (bolt actions etc) firing at no more than 400 - 450 fps using .20 or .25 ammo.

Remember that sharp shooters are not used as frontline troops, and bearing in mind this is a mil-sim event, we would not allow those using sharps into the immeadeate arena of combat due to safety reasons. ( Plus we dont people rioting because some sharpshooter is hiding underneath a guile suit capping people from just a few feet away)! People firing an AEG within a few metres at 350 with .25 is also ridiculous, so again, players would switch to a secondary weapon.

To restrict all at 350 would turn many potenial players away, and we want to hold an event that is safe, fun, fairly realistic and free. Hence why the above rulings are in place.

rogue isn't 350 with a .25 too much? that corresponds to a .2 firing at about 400 or so, i just used the converter thing on here and 350fps with a .25 is 1.4j and 350 using.2 is 1.1j theres a huge difference man! 450 with a .2 is 1.8j and 450 with a .25 is 2.3j

you should make it people chrono at 350 with a .2 but let them use .25s after they have chrono'd

Yeh thats kinda what i was thinking.

me and my friend def seem up for it hes gota clear it with the wife first.

but

350 aeg with .2

450 ba with .2

for the chrono then use what ammo you want after.

but then your running the event so its your call, just like xaero said theres a big difference in running 350 with a .2 and a .25

Heres a stupid question? What happens when you get shot is there a respawn point or what?

There's the medic rules Ingo posted on page 2, quickly summarised here: First hit - white bandage (all pariticapants carry one) put on by member of team. Second hit - red bandage put on by designated medic only. Third hit - dead - back to home base to re arm, refresh and respawn.

Ray

EDIT: not write, can I

also because the site is quite big.

me and my friend are sniper pairs.

if we get shot and no one else around there was a bleed out rule where we can go back to base.

BTW will there be marshells?

because im very happy to bring a video camera to film the event.

also because the site is quite big.

me and my friend are sniper pairs.

if we get shot and no one else around there was a bleed out rule where we can go back to base.

BTW will there be marshells?

because im very happy to bring a video camera to film the event.

The site regulars will be acting as marshalls, we wont be wandering around with day-glo vests on, we will be participating.

just in MSN convo with Bauer.

just wondered about logistics of stuff.

do we leave out base camp set for the weekend, is there anywhere we can leave guns, or must we carry everything we have all the time ? or just all our guns ? or everything we dare not leave unattended ?

if i came i would want to use the minimi, but i doubt i could sustain its insatiable BB appetite for a whole weekend, so would also need another gun. if i had to carry this aswell as a fully pimped minimi, i would soon collapse.

just in MSN convo with Bauer.

just wondered about logistics of stuff.

do we leave out base camp set for the weekend, is there anywhere we can leave guns, or must we carry everything we have all the time ? or just all our guns ? or everything we dare not leave unattended ?

if i came i would want to use the minimi, but i doubt i could sustain its insatiable BB appetite for a whole weekend, so would also need another gun. if i had to carry this aswell as a fully pimped minimi, i would soon collapse.

You can leave the things you don't need in the camp. This is how we've worked it before on weekend long skimrishes. The entrance to the part of the site I've beem on is overlooked by the farm owner's house, and there are a couple of farm dogs up there, so it's fairly secure.

I think what's going to happen is that there'll be one or two camps (one for each force) and everything that people can't carry on them can be dumped at their respective camp. As mentioned previously, they want to basically run it day and night up til sunday afternoon. Most people will want to crash at some point. Just remember to have a guard on duty.

so i could take *a few* guns and leave them at camp, especially, as you just pointed out, there should be a couple of people on guard at camp anyway.

decisions decisions. i could bring your former AK and show you whats happened to it lol.

Yes, you can take extra guns, it'd probably be a good idea anyway just in case your primary packs in.

It'd be nice to see what you've done to it. I'll probably have one of the AKs that contirbuted to the building of your new AK47.

Ray

well that info makes me happier. i couldnt deal with carrying that damn minimi for so long.i could bring all my guns and leave then dotted around the site and just run between them lol.

this time next month 'your' AK will be metal, wood, scratched, rusty, upgraded and looking mean.

im going to get on to my possible lift, and see what he says.

Archived