FREE airsoft event

Ingo_Sleeps

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a private airsoft 'club' we have no insurance and are covered by a wavier which all players over 18 have to sign (stating should the party fail to adhere to the posted rules and safety guidelines, they will be removed form site, and that should a party be injured that they have entered the site of own volition etc and understood risks involved beforehand). players under 18 have to gain parental permission and be accompanied by an adult recognised and vouched for by their parents.

as a cadet adult instructer i am also CRB vetted, however as far as i know this does not extend beyond my role and dutites with the acf. i would not claim to be responsible for anyones children unless they were either cadets or i was known to their parents (preferably both, and only cadets which are engaging in acf activity).

for the sake of covering our proverbial legal behinds, and you covering yours, i would reccomend you do not attempt to strech the bounds of your CRB and relevant insurances. that last thing anyone wants are upset parents and or legal bodies.

hope that helped.

Ingo

Team OKAMI

Hi, had to skip straight to the end after reading the first page due to being at work?

Any places left? If so (and if KingTiger is up for it too) then can I get dips on 2 spots for me and my bro please?

PM Ingo_Sleeps with your details (email, etc) and he'll forward on the appropriate forms that you'll need to fill in. He'll probably provide more info as well. There'll probably be places left.

i'm going to have to pull out, I've lost the parental guardian which was coming with me and now therefore can't attend the site as of being under the age of 18.

Sorry, :( Wanted to go aswell

That's a shame. Hopefully we'll be having another event later in the year, and you can get along to that one.

hey dudes. i filled our spare space in the minibus. hes 17 though, he's the bassist in my band, so i will be his guardian dude. is there anything else you ened to knwo ?

As long as he's had the appropriate forms filled in (parental consent form and liability wiaver, everything that Ingo sent to you), then he should be ok. As long as you don't forget to bring them with you on the day.

just to confirm now, for the party im coming with from norfolk :

screamin_weasel

screamin_weasel bro

screamin_weasel friend (under 18, has airsoft experience)

thebauer

tinkerbell (under 18)

crazyLD

staceh

farrassdevell (or however you spell it)

thats everybody, so 2 under 18's with us, but no n00bs :P *

*apart from thebauer

ok ill get weasel to forward them to me.

weird how i didnt get he email :(

Got email from weasel,

looking at the rules it says no ammuniction above .25 no exeptions. now with a 450 sniper rifle i dont use anything less than .3 how will this work, 450fps with a .25 isnt accurate enough,

This rule was introduced because we did not want ppl firing .33g BB's at others using a 450 fps rifle when the target is only a few metres away. That would bloody well hurt!!! :o

So we allow only .25g max. I'm sure you are a very responsible 'softer, but if we bend one rule for one, we would be open to bending all rules for all! I hope you understand this, and please accept my apologies if this causes you any inconveiniance.

Cheers

Mark

DS (Team OKAMI)

Okami Airsoft Club

Sorry i think you seem to be a bit confused.

The rifle wouldnt be firing a .3 bb at 450fps, it would be firing a .2 at 450fps.

using a .3bb the fps would be about 350ish.

do you understand now?

reading you post makes me think you mean my .3 bb's will be firing at 450fps which would be more like 600+fps with a .2 that is not what my rifle will be firing at, it will be firing at 450fps with a .2

the use of a .3 reduced the fps but improves accuracy. no point in having a .2 caple of flying 70meters if you cant actualy hit anything, a .3 how ever allows me to hit a man sized target at 50m.

Ive been to sights where they frown on 'teflon' coated bb's made by digicon straight which come in packs of .3 .36 and .46 possibly some others because of the insurance and teflon isnt quite plastic, how ever the HFC .3 and SGM .29 bb's are plastic with NO teflon.

Ive read through the rules regarding engagment distance, youve put its 8meters for sniper rifles, im used to a 10-15 meter engagment and would probably continue to stick at that as i know what a 450fps sniper shot in the *albartroth* feel like at 1meter away ... *looks at stace and frowns*

yep, must also write to agree with the BAUER. What he is saying is that a 1 joule gun fires 0.20g pellets at the same POWER as it does 0.30g...... the velocity is different but the power is constant. ie 1 joule with either pellet.

I too have a tuned up APS SPORTER rifle (still sub 328fps firing 0.20g ammo) and would love to use it as the range is amazing (and those open fields look inviting)..... however with 0.25g the modified HOP just can't handle the setup and accuracy is terrible. I need 0.30g and 0.36 to get it to level off and have accuracy.

This rifle is not a cannon and probably considered too low powered by many to be a sniper rifle. When you consider you allow 350fps AEG's to fire 0.25g from 4m range on automatic (am i right in saying this?).... the risk of this rifle is negligable.

I don't think you need to bend the rules... just reconsider your sniper rules to allow snipers to operate as they do on most sites with higher fps and pellet weights but longer engagement ranges. (our old site had a minimum range of 20m with rifles over 350fps). Not moaning here just putting across my opinion. It is your site and you are free to make the rules. We will accept them either way...

If not I guess I will just bring my factory power G-SPEC which runs best on 0.25g

Our small team is fired up for a good hunt. Could you just confirm which side our team will be playing on? Still INGO's crew?

if your bolt action rifle chronographs at 450 fps with a .2 projectile it will be considered. we are going to run some tests and checks with safety glass matereal and soft targets to check the viability of greater mass projectile impact damage. i'll get back to you within the week.

teams are forming as follows: forum signups - communist internal security forces and GRU

in-person signups - nato appointed special forces.

i'm leading the KGB advisory unit for the reds.

and we do NOT allow aeg users to engage at full auto at 4 meters. if i or any other member of the DS see someone engaging with such a lack of discretion they will find themselves in a world of poo.

the overall problem of course is that if we tell people the minimum engagement range for a sharp is 20 m then nod and go off and then one out of the 35 people on site makes a mistake and its our *albartroth* in a sling.

the system works, people don't.

**** IMPORTANT UPDATE ****

Having had a good talk to, i now have revised the sniping rules somewhat, and will now detail to you the following final ruling.

1./ ALL sniper rifles must chrono at 450fps or below with a .2g BB.

2./ ALL snipers must not engage a target below 25m in distance. Anyone caught engaging within this distance will be penalised / expelled from site.

3./ Snipers may use BB weights above the previously posted .25g.

4./ Teflon coated rounds are illegal on our site.

These rules have been revised with the help of all you guys and a thoroughly nice chap at WMD. Thanks again for your help guys, and i hope i can prevent myself from looking like a noob in the future!!

Cheers

Mark

Archived