TW Sawed off Shotgun review

Ok, I got a sample of the new TW Sawed off shotgun in. This thing is a beast! It weighs about as much as a TM P90 and is made of metal and wood. One surprising thing about it is that it actually has inner barrel's! Each shell mates up to a inner barrel witch helps to stabilize the flight of the rounds a bit. I test fired it with the BB's it came with and chronoed it with one 8mm BB and a 3 second charge of green gas per shell.

FPS:

First shot 368

Second shot 392

Third shot 346

We also fired it a few times with Red Gas just to see what it can handle, but didn't chrono it. Seems to hold up just fine. With Green gas and 5 BB's it will fire about 120 feet! Granted your spread at that point is about the size of a Mac Truck. It seems to hold a good torso sized grouping to about 60 feet. I took it to a game saturday and fired it into heavy brush. The thing just cleared a path, it was amazing the power this thing holds! I forgot to bring my camera into the store today and my camera phone can't do it justice, so I'll take pics and post them tomorrow.

We are talking to the manufacturer about getting 6mm guns or at least conversion kits.

So far it looks like I'll be selling the 8mm version for $250 USD Not sure on the price of the shells.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if Hardcore would like that, Ghost.

Better give your second child so she can have one too. ;)

Everyone makes mistakes, Elrey. Yours is thinking you're funny.

;) -GR

Edited by Ghost_Rider

Sorry Elray, guess I should have just said it was over forum limit.

G_R, Sorry, but I don't like kids. I'll take your girl though :wub: I actualy already talked with the owner of my company and we are looking at shipping directly from our importer to the UK.

And I have no clue why no one else seems to have it unless they just are not available in bulk yet. I know we where only able to get the one short and the one long version so far. They have the long gun at one of the other stores so I haven't seen it yet. All I know is I'm realy falling in love with this thing even though it costs more than my REAL shotgun. The quality thus far is quite good. I'm going to get a new bag of 8mm's and put it threw it with red gas and see what happens.

Pics up tomorrow!

Edited by Rapier

Wow, I just got a call from the Owner of my store. He talked to his wife who is in Taiwan right now. We will have the guns for sale on March 1st and they will only be $199.99!

I think I'm going to have to reserve one for myself!

Edited by Rapier

THey seem to be quite reliable. I've run red gas threw it several times and not had any gas leaks. I also doubt they could have made the chamber smaller. The gas chamber is already the size of the brass part of my real 12g shells with about 1/4 of it being the valves.

I think if the just made a 5 round 6mm shell it would be close to the size of a 3.25" magnum shell.

And Tinkerbell, when you open the breach it pushes the shells out partialy, but does not eject them.

More shells will be available, I don't know how much they will cost though.

wait wait, back up

a double barreled shorty shotgun that has good power?

I"M THERE!

curiosity question: how many 6mm's will fit in those shells? with an O ring and aeg-barrel replacement, I bet we could make a real shotgun...

can you be a brave man and try a squirt of C02 from a madbull c02 filler?

and where did you get red gas?

Edited by TDS

Well, I don't have any forane or a CO2 adapter. Sorry guys. Do remember however than you loose power drasticly for each round past the first that the gas is pushing.

TDS, it fires 5 8mm, so we think the 6mm will hold 8 rounds.

As for the Red gas, I got it from my distributer in Taiwan. I sell the ET-2200 2000ML cans for $24.99