TW Sawed off Shotgun review

I emailed them asking about the shotgun as well as posted on their forum about the gun at speedytoys.com and have gotten no answer from them... not exactly on the ball with customer serveixe. It says on the website  the gun is manufactured by Huan San (HS) Taiwan, and according to Rapier, the gun he was talking about is made by TW? I am trying to find out more about the one shown from Speedytoy but havn't gotten much reply.

TW, as in Taiwan, I suppose.

Edit: "First ever double barrel airsoft shotgun"... What about the old Hudson model that HS Taiwan copied?

Edited by BakaBox
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the lack of reply/correct infromation makes me very hesitant to buy from them. What I really want to know is:

Is there an inner barrel to the shotgun? The TW one apparently has, which maks it MUCH more accurate. Which mean that the inner barrel would make the gun only fire one type of bbs, 6mm or 8mm.

Are the shells for this HS one metal, and where can we get more of them?

....the quest continues...

Yes, the TW stands for Taiwan :) sorry about that. I'm still waiting on Shell pricing myself. I think my e-mail got forgotten or lost and I'm going to have to ask again. I'll let you all know as soon as I know. :) After all, I'm going to need at least 6 shells for my self!

......After all, I'm going to need at least 12 shells for my self!

Yeah thats more like it ;) Could do with a couple of 30-round bandoliers or cartridge belts full of 'em really....

I dread to think how much that would cost :money:

yay~ Rapier hasn't abandoned us! Good to hear that things are still rolling along Rapier, this thread is getting some attention from the guys at airsoftretreat as well. So if this goes through, I'm sure you'll have many potential customers hehe.

And Evilhippy, just some speculation, the TM plastic shells are $30 US for 3, I'd say the metal shells that has an internal gas tank would cost at least $20 US for 2, so $10 x 30 = $300 for 30 shells yay!

Hopefully the price of shells are lower than what I just stated...

Yeah i know your right, but one can dream can't he? ehhe.

I just got reply from www.speedytoys.com for the questions i asked, here is the direct quote:

"

1. Are these guns manufactured by a company called TW?

nope, it's Huan San (HS) Taiwan

2. Are the shells metal? They shoot 6mm bbs correct?

Yes, and yes.

3.Will you have extra shells available soon?

Yes, hopefully. "

So it seems like this is the same gun we are all talking about, but still, info on the shells yet.

Well, as soon as I hear back on the replacement shells I'll let you know. I know my shipment is in customes and should ship out any day now (takes them a while to work threw a few containers sometimes) I'll let you know as soon as they get in.

As for how many shells I need. This is a breaching gun and nothing more for me. It will live in a thigh holster and only come out when I'm breaching a room known to hold several hostiles. Or I'll use it if I have someone hiding behind heavy brush out side :) I'll have the 8mm version.

Hey Rapier, I got a quick question, you said that there will be 2 different versions, 6mm and 8mm. Now are the guns actually different (inner barrel)? or does it only depend on the shell? Cause I was thinking, if the differences are only in the shells, then if the barrel was designed for a 6mm, 8mm BB's won't fit, but if the barrels were designed for 8mm, it would be really inaccuarte shooting 6mm bbs...

I was wondering if you could clear that up for us, thanks.

6mm has a 6mm barrel and 8mm has a 8mm barrel

Got a final price on the 8mm shells. $39 a pair. Already sold the first 2 8mm versions I got in and 2 of the 4 packs of shells. I have more 8mm ones on order and the 6mm ones should be here any day (guns and spare shells)

Is this the same gun?

I doubt it since it says HFC134a gas only and its cheap, and I believe its been on jungletoy for quite a while now... but it looks almost exactly the same.

Actually, on further inspection, the gun I linked to has no iron sights, and the wood also looks pretty different. So never mind.

Is the one at Speedytoys the same, though? I mean, these manufacturers always go under a few names...

Edited by Erestheux
Is this the same gun?

I doubt it since it says HFC134a gas only and its cheap, and I believe its been on jungletoy for quite a while now... but it looks almost exactly the same.

Actually, on further inspection, the gun I linked to has no iron sights, and the wood also looks pretty different. So never mind.

Is the one at Speedytoys the same, though? I mean, these manufacturers always go under a few names...

The one Jungle Toy (airsoft128) carries is the very poor Hudson version.

The one at Speedytoys is the nice new version that Rapier carries.

What Blokhed said :)

I'm going to check on shipping to the UK and our site is going to be online any day now. www.bbairsoftonline.com I'm going to try and get them to set it up to order the shotty's online. We are not planning on doing an online store for a while, but I think it's worth it to put the shot guns up there. :) It'll help us get used to the online sales anyways.

Do you think it would be possible to throw a grip with a stock on it on? I want my boomstick..

I'm all over that 6 mili version any way.. kinda tempted towards sawing off the long version to the ash leanth, and trying to find one of those leather holsters.

thanks : ) been looking for one of these for a couple of weeks after watching army of darkness again.

Well, I got a call from our first customer to use one in a game today. He got the 8mm version and went to an indoor venue that just opened up. Not so sure they will allow this gun again. They allowed him to use it in a pistol only game, the first kid he shot from about 15 feet with it he hit in the head and kinda stunned the guy. Then another guy rounded the corner and he shot the guy in the chest at about 20 feet and knocked him down!

Everyone there was terrified of it, but at the same time they all want one now. :)