What Guns for Dual Gunning?

PV_Golf

I think for dual pistols, going with an ambidextrious weapon series such as the Glock, USP, or P99 would be a good choice.

I remember one time, this guy in one game was running with 2 Beretta M92F's... looking like an idiot with guns blazing, bb's hitting no one. Everyone turned their guns on him and lit him up. I was pumping shot after shot out of my M3 Super 90, and I saw several other streams of BB's heading his way. He didn't try it again.

I think using a single, accurate/silent pistol like the Marushin Ruger Mk II's or Marui SOCOM NBB would be more effective, but whatever floats your boat. In choice of weapons, I would go with something on the cheap side (KWA/KJW) simply because 2 guns cost twice as much as 1, and what if you get tired of dual pistol fighting?

I heard that the new KJW P14's are pretty sweet... but i dunno... never had one so I can't really give an opinion on it.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PV Golf- its hard to say, it really depends on how you play and WHERE you play-

an urban or woodland site that offers plenty of cover while giving you room to run at speed makes two gunning useful- one of the key advantages you have if all you have is a pistol in each hand and a vest full of mags, is the ability to absolutely peg it towards the enemy and maneouvre (sp?) much faster than your AEG carrying foes, who're alway going to compensate speed for safety, as no-one wants to go tits-up while carrying £200+ worth of kit in your hands.

so, if you can use cover effectively and are prepared to move as fast as you physically can, while having an aeger or two provide cover when you need it, you can be really effective at both advancing on a position (especially a bunker or building, as room clearing with twin pistols is often easier than with a bulky AEG, so long as you know how to aim :)) and drawing fire off the rest of your team, who can split up and advance while the enemy is distracted by you charging about the place screaming "'AVE IT!!!!" at the top of your lungs.

of course, your effectiveness is depply tied to how effective your team is- if all they're gonna do is sit behind a log and shoot off hicap after hicap while you're out there risking life and limb, you're wasting your time.

I found this at SWAT last year- I was screaming into the enemy, pistols and shotguns blazing (a moving target is always harder to hit), getting to cover, turning round to check on everyone else, to find out they were still all cowering behind the bushes where I'd left them. At which point the ENTIRE enemy side had me and me alone as their target. No matter how fast you are, dodging 70 guys with hicaps is not a walk in the park

:(

so yeah- run, hide, practice shooting straight, reloading, and for gods sake don't play witha bunch of guys who talk the talk (ooh, look at my manly m4 with all the whistles and bells! ooh, I'm proper manly, me...) but don't walk the walk (oh no! incoming enemy fire! quick, hide behind this log until lunch time, I don't want to scratch my shiney blackhawk vest...)!

I agree with cvrfc1326 about the M11's. They are really fun to fire, and you could probably get a pair without breaking the bank. I am not sure about the reliability (I used a friends), but it seems to still be working, and he's pretty incompetant about looking after his weapons.

Torn

I agree with cvrfc1326 about the M11's.  They are really fun to fire, and you could probably get a pair without breaking the bank.  I am not sure about the reliability (I used a friends), but it seems to still be working, and he's pretty incompetant about looking after his weapons.

My M11 has been long dead. This one small spring went kaput soon after I got it. never figured out how to fix it, never found a replacement (note: I have done excessive fabrication/repair to my other GBBs, including transporting Marui M9 internals into a KJW metal shell, replacing trigger/hammer springs and such...). Then I tore the reciever in half with my bare hands in a fit of anger one night... so I wouldn't suggest the M11.

I have a Maruzen Micro-UZI that I had originally planned to buy a twin brother for, but when I realized that those 50 rounds dissappear in less than 2 seconds, I realized that semi-auto pistols are much more effective. The UZI is fun as all hell to shoot, and it makes a lot of ruckus. People are like "oh 5h17!! what is that!>!>" when they hear it ripping off rounds at around 1100 prm.

I say stick with pistols, they're much more accurate and practical. Although one time I went akimbo with my P90 in the right hand, my friends MP5A4 in the left.... i was just crossing the constant stream of bb's and got like 5 kills within 20 seconds. It was nice :)

My stupid KWA M11 still spits a few rounds out of the chamber during full-auto...very, very, very odd...

I was forced to dual-gun with my USP Compact and Glock 19 at Arnie-Geddon and that was helluva fun! :P

It I could choose any guns to dual-gun with, I'd get 2 KWA Glock 19s with metal slides, and strip the slides down to a silver finish. Dual silver-slide Glocks are just so sexy it's unbelievable, plus the sound of 2 full-metal, smooth-action (if you lube them well) pistols being fired at the same time is unbelievable.

oh, and you think my g19s werent the metal slide types? tsk tsk :)

Honestly, as an alternative to AEGs, I would say the following:

1) two pistols, for the fun, noise and john woo mofo feel of it all, when you absolutely have to impress yourself and someone else (possibly) in the room, accept no substitute.

2) back up- full auto, either a RELIABLE pistol GBB (by which I'm not talking about a KSC 18c) or a fullauto smg, such as a mac or uzi (honestly, any build will do- all you need is to keep heads down)

3) this is purely optional, but a TM shotgun can honestly give you a serious advantage. saying that, what I really mean is a TM benelli, as the SPAS 12 has a weaker spring and naff hop unit designed for .2g bbs rather than .25s.

SO two pistols, a ton of mags (or those mag shaped reloaders for not a lot of dosh) PREFERABLY a full auto spray n pray machine for tight corners, and MAYBE a range weapon to give you the chance to knock out a few foo's before you start your attack run, and you're laughing.

and running alot.

and screaming "arrrghgerroffgerroffgerroffyaaabastarrrrdsss!"

and spending, unfortunately, more money than if you'd simply put up a thread saying "wat am best aeg?" and then bought the one aeg everyone had told you not to buy.

but by god, wasn't it fun?! I've been playing airsoft for years and I'm yet to do the sensible thing, so go with your wants, buy pistols, holsters, mags and vests, and sod every one else with their m4s, what do they know about having a good time?! :)

Havoc Man - You mean dual G19's like these:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic...n's,Arsenal

Yeah, I had an airsoft orgasm too when I saw those. :D

Another thing, does anyone know a good way to reload when your dual gunning? This is the biggest problem that I could think of with dual gunning so far...

Thanks!

I posted here awhile back with how i do it- one under the armpit, reload the other and switch- check out how John Cusack reloads his g17s in the film Grosse Pointe Blank and you'll get the idea- all you have to do to vary this is not fupmp the spent mags on the floor :)

if you're talking about a way of dumping both mags simultaneously and then reloading, you're into the realms of dump pouches, bits of string and mags all over the place :(

as to the actual change-over, the fastest way I've tried is to have the new mag in you hand when you go to get the old mag out, then you can switch over as fast as you like, but this does mean you have to put the other gun somewhere handy, like under your armpit or back in its holster!

• 5 months later...

Dual Beretta's. My personal fave for pistol wielding in airsoft games.

I usually wield a HFC FM M190 in one hand and a KJW FM Elite 1A in the other. It seems to work nicely for me, but dual HFC FM's would be wicked, if a bit heavy.

:)

You can switch the mag catch over, but the only control that stays on the left hand side is the slide release.

On the subject of dual gunning, my new load out for urban is Mp5k, M9, G26c, and a Mk23. I hope to get a M3 shorty later on this year. None of this sensible M4 lark. pfft.

I dual gunned with my Tac Master and some guys Tac Master when my Famas jammed on Hamburger Hill at Dover. It was most fun legging it up the hill with the pistols, after the entire round everyone was asking who was legging it up the hill with the dualies. At one point I was behind a tree calmly loading individual BB's from a mag that didn't have gas to a mag that didn't when I was running a bit short. I almost sold my Famas as a result.

I dual gunned with my Tac Master and some guys Tac Master when my Famas jammed on Hamburger Hill at Dover.  It was most fun legging it up the hill with the pistols, after the entire round everyone was asking who was legging it up the hill with the dualies.  At one point I was behind a tree calmly loading individual BB's from a mag that didn't have gas to a mag that didn't when I was running a bit short.  I almost sold my Famas as a result.

hmm, would you reccomend the tac masters for dualing then or was it a matter of expediency? I've been thinking about grabbing a pair off the forums (unfortunately the KSC's seem to be pretty rare secondhand, probably because they're so good according to snowman <_< )

who says they gotta be the same? i used my m93r with a friend's 6" infinity once, and it was awesome as hell! i'm thinking of getting a KSC M9 with a metal slide for my left hand now, it's more fun with a sencond gun

Archived