UTG SVD and Spetz

FW200

From another forum:

drag7ns.jpg

spetz9aj.jpg

Looks interesting, Dragunov has the wrong scope offcourse and wrong bipod... but if it's a decent gun.. it might be very nice..

Offcourse, seeing as UTG has only done plastic guns up until this point, will this mean they have made this one plastic as well?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The SVD pictured is the AtoZ/KM/Head 1950/King Arms model, with the original plastic wood. Apparently, UTG will also be distributing it, as most of the other distributors have now switched over to offering it with the wood kit, for roughly the same price they originally were asking for the plastic wood model. Since somebody would need to sell the cheaper to make plastic furniture model, it seems logical that UTG would. Probably will go for around $400 USD or so.

spring then.

its the "shot show" spring catolag for leapers the came out this week...I just open mine today and tought I had the scoop...oh well should have opened a few dayers early when it came in... :blink:

heres the rest of the eye candy for ya

utgaeg.jpg

m807.jpg

my money is on this gun being $175 or less...its UTG... it dosent come with a scope the one shown is a leapers mount and scope for an real steel AK

"The SVD pictured is the AtoZ/KM/Head 1950/King Arms model, with the original plastic wood."

I could be wrong... but in the catolag I am holding the plastic wood looks like ######. I can't imange some one playing $400 for a gun that has a stock that looked like that

I realy do't think its the "same" gun.. it just looks like one, maby even made on the same tooling

the UTG M807LE "looks" just like a Maruzen CA870 when they came out people claimed they were the same, they are not

the UTG M0324 looks like a APS2..but its not

AtoZ/KM/Head comes out of Koera...UTG guns come out of china..

on the "plastic" issue... the M-324 is ALL metal except the stock and trigger guard.. soy yes UTG has done "one" metal gun..

the "gun" will be under $200 I would almost garintee that...

keep in mind it dosen't come with the scope, scope mount, or bypod

the M324 comes in all metal (except the stock) and comes with a bypod for $100 or less... I realy doint see the SVD being 2X the price of the M324...

I would however expect the "optional" gear (scope/Mount/bypod) to come in just short of $100 as they are all RS items and just the scope and rings usaly add $50 to the M324 when sold as a Package

as for perforamce.. its a UTG, best we can hope for is that it shoots as well as the m324 and there is a way to acess the inturnals

the gun IS A LONG way off, I had a chat with them this moring... the beta spits is 1.5-2 mounths away and will cost about the same as the larger AK...but they were unable to to give me a price and had no info on a projected release date for the SVD. :angry:

the "gun" will be under $200 I would almost garintee that...

keep in mind it dosen't come with the scope, scope mount, or bypod

the M324 comes in all metal (except the stock) and comes with a bypod for $100 or less... I realy doint see the SVD being 2X the price of the M324...

I would however expect the  "optional" gear (scope/Mount/bypod) to come in just short of $100 as they are all RS items and just the scope and rings usaly add $50 to the M324 when sold as a Package

as for perforamce.. its a UTG, best we can hope for is that it shoots as well as the m324 and there is a way to acess  the inturnals

the gun IS A LONG way off, I had a chat with them this moring... the beta spits is 1.5-2 mounths away and will cost about the same as the larger AK...but they were unable to to give me a price and had no info on a projected release date for the SVD.  :angry:

It'll be nearer $400 than $200. mark my words. the SVD has more parts than the M234, and its not UTG's gun. its KA/JM/Head195/Atoz's gun.

the bipod *might* be 'real steel', but it sure as hell isnt 'real dragunov'. they mount in a completely different way.

the scope that they come out with will not be 'real steel'.

Also, the 'scope mount' is integrated into the scope. thats the way russian stuff works.

as for performance....its a KA/KM/Head/Atoz. it'll be sweet out of the box, needing no major upgrades at all.

the bipod *might* be 'real steel', but it sure as hell isnt 'real dragunov'. they mount in a completely different way.

the scope that they come out with will not be 'real steel'.

Also, the 'scope mount' is integrated into the scope. thats the way russian stuff works."

Ok man dont mind a darn think here..

I am sitting with the catolag in forunt of me... it reads in the fine print or the right hand of the page..

OPTIONAL-

this scope mount

http://www.leapers.com/pages/mounting%20sy...t-mnt-973-c.htm

this scope

http://www.leapers.com/pages/optics/accush...e-scp-t28-c.htm

and this bypod

ok lets look @ the king arms

ka-ag-01a.jpg

SVD.jpg

now look @ the UTG

warhawksniper.jpg

ok now look @ the area above the secctor lever... see how its cut out in the UTG to alow a longer stroke on the cocking handel

now look @ the KA there is no such inleting on the KA.

now I have not held eather gun, I have to base this on picts, maby the "new" KAs have this inlet and all I fould was old picts...

EDIT OR as I look again...dose the slector lever come up and just cover the gap in the KA picts????

some one holding a KA in there hot hands can tell us that..

but considering UTG has pict of TM shot shells ont he box of there shotguns...It would't suprise me if it IS a KA inthe pict and they are saying "we are making this next"

frankly if they can make a TM "clone" @ less the 1/2 the price (and load it fully with assorys) they can make a "striped" KA closn @ 1/2 the price..

who know... I might be wrong...you might be wrong.. we probly won't know for mounths..

Ok man dont mind a darn think here.. 

I am sitting with the catolag in forunt of me... it reads in the fine print or the right hand of the page..

OPTIONAL-

this scope mount

http://www.leapers.com/pages/mounting%20sy...t-mnt-973-c.htm

this scope

http://www.leapers.com/pages/optics/accush...e-scp-t28-c.htm

and this bypod

ok lets look @ the king arms

now look @ the UTG

ok now look @ the area above the secctor lever... see how its cut out in the UTG to alow a longer stroke on the cocking handel

now look @ the KA there is no such inleting on the KA.

now I have not held eather gun, I have to base this on picts, maby the "new" KAs have this inlet and all I fould was old picts...

EDIT OR as I look again...dose the slector lever come up and just cover the gap in the KA picts????

some one holding a KA in there hot hands can tell us that..

but considering UTG has pict of TM shot shells ont he box of there shotguns...It would't suprise me if it IS a KA inthe pict and they are saying "we are making this next"

frankly if they can make a TM "clone" @ less the 1/2 the price (and load it fully with assorys) they can make a "striped" KA closn @ 1/2 the price..

who know... I might be wrong...you might be wrong.. we probly won't know for mounths..

right, ok. That scope mount is ...wrong. no genuine russian scope mount is like that. the russian scope mounts that DO have rails for normal scopes are much nicer looking, without the side rail.

scope mounts too high too...

for example:

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/cgi-bin/kowst...logno=AMNPZSVDD

as for the scope...it'd be like putting a flaming reflex on a Barret M82. or a 3-9x50 on a shotgun. its just not right.

as for the selector lever, i've GOT a KA svd, the 'cut away' is there. its just covered when in the 'safe' postion. stops it being cocked. stops the trigger from releasing the spring.

also, the recticule on the scope is wrong...

the attachment method of the scope mount is wrong too.

Archived