Marui AEP H&K Mp7 A1 preview on Marui website

airsoft-collector

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys I was wondering. Is the MP7 battery the type that does not need to be discharged? I remember that some types of batteries (NiCad?) will lose its life if remaining power in the battery is not discharged and left in storage for a long time.

It is a Nicad, I keep mine discharged for storage

Quick question and applogies if i missed the answer in this thread - related to the nicad battery, does the charger TM provide function as a discharger too, if the battery is placed in their before recharging ?

I ask as i sold my aeg associated bits n bobs when i sold my M15 and moved to spring B/A, but im now looking at getting an MP7 as a sniper back up. It would be nice to know whether another discharger is in order, or if i can get away without having to rebuy another airsoft accessory again ! Cheers :)

Quick question and applogies if i missed the answer in this thread - related to the nicad battery, does the charger TM provide function as a discharger too, if the battery is placed in their before recharging ?

I ask as i sold my aeg associated bits n bobs when i sold my M15 and moved to spring B/A, but im now looking at getting an MP7 as a sniper back up. It would be nice to know whether another discharger is in order, or if i can get away without having to rebuy another airsoft accessory again ! Cheers  :)

Does not work as a discharger AFAIK, you will not be able to use the charger as is, its 110V. You either need an adapter or you can cut off the battery connector / housing and use your own charger, assuming it is the correct rating or a programmable one.

One step ahead on the battery charger issue - already been down to Maplins for the 240 - 110v transformer (special offer atm £14.99 btw) - cheers anyway  ;)

Bugger, looks like its another £5 or so on a discharger again.

I bought that too from Maplin (one of them, they had two on offer), but it isn't a special offer, both of them have always been £14.99, and at my store it show no "special Offer" sign, you gulible fool... :rolleyes::P

Plus you don't need to Discharge the battery, only if it's a Ni-Cd.... ;)

Edit: Oh c*r*a*p i just had a look at the battery, it is a Ni-Cd!! ARRGGHH !! CURRSEEE UUUUUU!! :angry::o

And finaly I get mine after much hassel waiting for WGC and UPS to deliver. It took 4 days (inc. weekend) after it arrived for them to get it to me.

Anyway I'm in love this it has tobe the best smallish electric gun (AEG/AEP = AESMG) around and it even sounds good, I can't wait to take to a skirmish. :wub::rvbteam::gun:

I wanted to buy that King Arms dot, but the damn thing went out of stock before I could order it.

Optically, it looks like its exact the samt thing as the Samurai OP Scope (linky).

Even is equally expensive. Chances are, they come from the same factory and are only relabeled.

But unfortunately, I have been unable to dig up a review for either of them. :(

They seem to be knockoffs of the Docter red dots, but the early Docters haven't been adjustable.

King Arms and Samurai both have automatic brightness adjustment and are adjustable in both elevation and windage.

Bugger, looks like its another £5 or so on a discharger again.

OR a suitable car light bulb ;)

When do you suppose they will come out with a NiMH battery? and any estimates as to the the cost.....

I have no idea when or even if TM will release a Nimh pack, as for price as with most airsoft battery packs it will be hugely marked up in price. I prefer to build my own packs, Haven't gotten round to looking into if there is an equivalent sized Nimh cell to the Nicad ones used. If there is I'll pull the Nicad apart to get that connector and use some Nimh instead. I did look into Lipo's but even my smallest cells wont fit in the MP7 :(

Haven't gotten round to looking into if there is an equivalent sized Nimh cell to the Nicad ones used.

If I remember correctly, somewhere in this thread it has been mentioned, that the MP7 battery consists of 6x 2/3 AA (10.5mm in diameter an 30mm in length) cells. Should be possible to find in Ni-MH somewhere I suppose. :)

If I remember correctly, somewhere in this thread it has been mentioned, that the MP7 battery consists of 6x 2/3 AA (10.5mm in diameter an 30mm in length) cells. Should be possible to find in Ni-MH somewhere I suppose. :)

There are these but only 650mah http://www.batterywholesaler.co.uk/product...23-aa-650-h.htm

But at 67p a shot I think I might buy a few and see how they work

There are these but only 650mah  http://www.batterywholesaler.co.uk/product...23-aa-650-h.htm 

But at 67p a shot I think I might buy a few and see how they work

650mah is certainly more than the original 500mah. :)

Oh, and that King Arms compact scope, as ironic as it may be, actually looks a little too SMALL on the MP7. <_<

More importantly a NiMh based pack will have a flatter discharge curve. They won't slowly drop off like NiCads do. This is much better (as long as the discharge rate is sufficient), especially if upgrades become available.

Don't count on TM releasing NiMh based packs, they never have to my knowledge. They seem to always use Sanyo Cadnica cells.

Hopefully someone copies and releases the battery connector so that custom packs can be made. I'd make a pack with these 750mAh cells if I could: http://cheapbatterypacks.com/cellinfo.asp?invid=CBP750AA

Man, I wish I could find room for just one more cell in there somewhere. It might be time to take this thing apart even though there are no significant upgrades out yet. I was going to wait but I don't think I can stand it much longer.

static, why do you always have to do this?!

now i have the urge to buy those tasty NiMh and make my own pack, and...if im a little daring, maybe try and fit in an extra cell?.....ARRRGGHHH!!

Dammit, i wouldn't even think about changing a battery so soon, if it wasn't for the fact that i *HATE* NiCd...... <_<

Archived