SA80 Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prolific, the Webtex assault vest, the mag pouches are tight, even for airsoft mags, the utility pouches are a bit smaller than the issue ones and the build quality with Webtex is dubious, same with the Viper M83 SAAV, the genuine deal would pay off in the long run fella.

WickedBassie, very Para Reg capbadge there :P Globe & Laurels over the left eye for Royal. Aside from that, nice gat, might not be too long before we're all seeing Acogs on the L85 :mellow:

Edited by El_Tom
WickedBassie, very Para Reg capbadge there  :P Globe & Laurels over the left eye for Royal. Aside from that, nice gat, might not be too long before we're all seeing Acogs on the L85  :mellow:

Well Tom,

If these cap badges are not the same as the chaps that look like a Royal Marines to me is wearing, you may send in Hans, and he can slap my hiney, and call me his b*tch... ;)

Unless the chaps in the pic are not very good at being a royal marine :D

Royal%20Marines-800x600-03.jpg

Oh btw... I am the geezer on the right in the pic you referred to :)

I think what is being referred to is the way it should be worn

Marines usually wear the cap badge over the left eye (as all regiments should) but some wear it differently.

Paras pull the cap badge onto the left side of the head, whereas arty pulls it round front. Each to their own i guess

RoyalMarines14.jpg

how many of them are wearing the capbadge EXACTLY over their left eye?

I rest my case

Isnt the guy in the back row 3rd from right abit short to be a storm trooper... I mean Royal Marine lol

I will have pics of my SA80A2 Carbine up as soon as i get the digi cam off radion.

Grim.

In reality i don't suppose they really give a *beep*.

In cadets we had a "hinckley dip" - a dip behind the capbadge. Then theres the "marine tilt" where the beret is slightly angled rather than straight across the forehead - seen a lot in falklands pictures. Then theres para style - closer to the left ear and armoured style - sort o swept backwards somehow.

In reality i don't suppose they really give a *beep*.

In cadets we had a "hinckley dip" - a dip behind the capbadge. Then theres the "marine tilt" where the beret is slightly angled rather than straight across the forehead - seen a lot in falklands pictures. Then theres para style - closer to the left ear and armoured style - sort o swept backwards somehow.

In cadets we have the 'Sailor Boy' too, LOL!